DoPT Performance Appraisal Report
No. 3/4/2019 – EO(PR)
Government of India
Mb Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
D/o Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 25th March, 2021
The Chief Secretaries of all the States/UTs,
Sub: Auto-forwarding of PARs from the assessment year 2020-21 reg.
I am to refer to the Gazette Notification No. G.S.R No. 519 (E) dated 23.07.2019 already communicated vide DoPT letter no. 11059/01/2016 – AIS-Ill dated 27.09.2019 vide which AIS (PAR) Amendment Rules, 2019 were notified. It may kindly be recalled that electronic recording of PAR was made mandatory from the year 2014-15 and later the provision for same was made in the AIS (PAR) Amendment Rules, 2017.
- Though the outer limit for the recording of PAR i.e. 31st December of the assessment year in which the assessment year ends, was being followed sacrosanctly, the timelines laid down in General Guidelines for the recording of PARs by the Reporting, Reviewing, and Accepting authorities were still not being adhered to. In order to give effect to the time-bound recording of PARs, provision for auto-forwarding of PARs from one stage to the next stage after the specified due date has been introduced from the assessment year 2019-20 in SPARROW. Under the newly provided schedule for completion of PAR in respect of all levels of lAS officers, PARs will automatically move forward from the account of ORU to the Reporting authority and thereafter to the next authority on the specified date even if the PAR is not recorded by the concerned authority.
- It may be pertinent to mention that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, auto-forwarding provision in respect of PARs for the assessment year 2019-20 was not implemented, as a one-time measure only. However, from the year 2020-21, PARs will automatically move from one level to the other after the due date, in SPARROW.
- In view of the above, it is requested to kindly bring to the notice of all the concerned regarding auto-forwarding of PARs from this assessment year i.e. 2020-21 onwards.
Related to Your Search:
- Completion of writing of PARs of IAS officers for 2015-16 in SPARROW
- DoPT: Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR)
- Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW (Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Window) for all Organised Group ‘A’ services – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the year 2016-17
- Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW for CSS & CSSS Group A officers – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the financial year 2017-18.
- DoPT: Recording of Annual Performance Appraisal Report – APAR for the financial year 2017-18 in respect of CSS and CSSS officers – ALERT
- DoPT Order – Online generation and recording of APAR on SPARROW of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers
- Online submission of APARs by officers of MoD for the Assessment Year 2019-2020
- Further Extension of timelines for Recording of APAR 2019-20 SPARROW
- DoPT: Introduction of SPARROW across al the cadres of CSS/CSSS/CSCS for the reporting year 2018-19