Pension revision w.e.f. 01/01/2007 of pre-2006 retired pensioners of Rs. 6500 – 10500 on the 5th CPC scale
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, Chelmsford Road, New Delhi 110 055
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Revision of pension w.e.f.01/01/2006 of pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500-reg.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No.F(E)III/2008/PN1/l2 dated 04/02/2019
Kind attention of Railway Board is invited to the instructions issued vide Board’s letter dated 04/02/2019 relating to revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners w.e.f.01/01/2006 who had retired from Railway service while in 5th CPC scale of Rs.6500-10500 duly enclosing Department of pension and pensioners’ Welfare (DoP&PW’s) O.M.No.38/33/12-P&PW(A) dated 4th January, 2019 stating that these instructions shall apply mutatis mutandis on Railways also.
ln this connection, NFIR desires to state that the pensioners who had retired from Railway service in 5th CPC pay scale Rs.6500-10500 and family pensioners continued to be aggrieved over DoP&PW O.M. dated 4th January, 2019 and Railway Board’s letter dated 04/02/2019 as mentioned below:-
Vide Dop&PW’s O.M. dated 4th January, 2019, an example has been mentioned which allows revision of only minimum Pension/Family Pension to Rs.8345/5007 respectively.
The O.M. does not cover the cases of Pensioners/Family Pensioners who had drawn higher pay at various stages upto maximum of Rs. 10500 in 5th CPC Pay Scale Rs.6500-10500.
The V CPC pay scale of Rs. 6500-10500, although initially treated as equivalent to GP 4200 (PB-2), subsequently the Government had granted replacement Grade Pay 4600 (PB-2) w.e.f.01/01/2006. Therefore, last pay drawn by the pre-2006 retired Railway employees in the Pay Scale should have been the criteria for revising the pension/family pension duly calculating notional Pay in GP 4600 (PB-2)
The O.M. dated 04/01/2019 needs to be modified suitably for covering all cases of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners as proposed below:-
Last pay drawn in pay scale Rs. 6500-10500 at the time of retirement/death to be calculated notionally in 6th CPC in PB-2 + GP 4600, and Pension/Family Pension re-fixed based on i.e. 50% / 30% of such notional pay respectively. These pensioners/family pensioners are to be paid arrears accrued from 01/01/2016, similar to all other pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners as per RBE No.l7/2019 dated 04/02/2019.
Separate concordance table needs to be prepared and circulated on the basis of pay drawn by the pensioners/Family pensioners in V CPC Pay Scale of Rs.6500-10500 vis-a-vis GP 4600 in PB-2. Based on para 4.2 of Railway Board’s circular dated 04/09/2008 new revised concordance table say 25A is to be prepared/introduced to cover all cases.
While undertaking revision of pension/family pension cases as per RBE No. 17/2019 dated 04/02/2019, Zonal Railways have been facing difficulties as the revision in GP 4600/- under 6th/7th CPC has not been systemized under ARPAN. In absence of proper concordance table for notional pay fixation of pensioners/family pensioners, as on 01/01/2006, the Zonal Railways etc., have also been facing difficulty in undertaking revision of pension/family pension. It is also suggested that the concordance table No.26 available with Board’s letter dated 11/07/2018 for GP 4600 (corresponding 5th CPC Scale Rs. 7450-11500) may be made applicable in the instant case of pension/family pension revision. Federation cites Western Railway’s reference to Railway Board vide letter No. Pen/05372/E789/ARPAN/PRE-2016 dared 18/02/2019 seeking guidelines.
Federation requests the Railway Board to take note of genuineness of the case for highlighting to DoP&PW / MoF to review and render justice to these pensioners/family pensioners of pre-2006 era. A new concordance table 25-A needs to be created/incorporated for the V CPC pay scale Rs. 6500-10500 vis-a-vis GP 4600 (PB-2).
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to approach DoP&PW/MoF for getting the O.M, dated 04th January, 2019 modified with a view to revise pension to those pensioners who were in puy scale Rs. 6500-10500 (V CPC) and drew higher pay at various stages upto Rs. 10500 and above (including stagnarion increment) to ensure equal treatment with other pensioners. A.copy of the proposal sent to the DoP&PW may be endorsed to the Federation for follow up action.
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of Pension of pre-2016 Pensioners/Family Pensioners pursuant to Government’s decision on the recommendations of 7th CPC – Concordance Tables for pension revision to the former Running Staff
- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners in implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission Concordance tables
- 7th CPC Pension Revision/Notional Fixation of Pre-2016 Postal Pensioners – Concordance Table: DoP Orders with clarification & time limit of 30.09.2017
- Doppw – Revision of pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006 of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500 or equivalent pay scale in the earlier Pay Commission periods
- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners in implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Concordance tables
- 7th pay commission latest news for railway pensioners – Revision of pension/family pension of pre-2016 retired Running Staff
- Changes in 7th Central Pay Commission Concordance table 51 and Table 52
- 7th CPC Revision of Pre-2016 Pensioners: Railway Board order on Concordance tables
- Revision of pension wef 01.01.2006 of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500/- or equivalent pay scale in the earlier Pay Commission periods.