Pension from 01 January 2006 rather than 24 September 2012 : Supreme Court dismisses the Review Petition filed by Govt of India
Pension from 01 January 2006 rather than 24 September 2012 : Supreme Court dismisses the Review Petition filed by Govt of India: News as published by Maj Navdeep Singh on his Blog:-
As most would know, the Govt had challenged before the Supreme Court the decision of the Delhi High Court wherein the judgement by the Central Administrative Tribunal granting benefit of rectification of pensionary anomalies from 01 January 2006 rather than 24 September 2012 was questioned. The order in effect and essence affected all central govt pensioners, including defence pensioners.
The controversy had emanated from the fact whether the benefits of the correct pension were to flow from 01 Jan 2006 which is the date from which the 6th Central Pay Commission recommendations were implemented or from 24 Sept 2012 when the Govt had decided to remove the anomalies in the pension structure after the said Pay Commission. Of course, it was held by Courts that the removal of the anomalies shall date back to the date of the inception of the said anomalies and not any later artificial date.
Incorrigible as it is, the Govt had gone ahead and filed a Review Petition in the matter urging the Supreme Court to review its order of dismissal of the SLP filed by the Central Govt.
The Supreme Court has yesterday dismissed the Review Petition filed by the Govt in the matter.
Related to Your Search:
- Full Pension to Pre 2006 Pensioners with less than 33 years but more than 20 years service: Supreme Court dismisses UOI Review Petition
- Increment Issue: for those retired on 30th June, due increment is 1st July. Supreme Court of India dismissed Review petition No.1731/2019
- Benefits of Sixth Pay Commission to Govt employees who retired before 1.1.2006
- Supreme Court Order – Benefit of pensioners who retired on 30th June
- Benefits of Sixth Pay Commission to the employees who retired before 1.1.2006
- Full Pension on less than 30 years & more than 20 years of Qualifying Service for Pre-2006 pensioners
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders Mar 2015
- Pension Revision Who are absorbed in Central Public Sector Undertakings – Confederation
- ACRs with below benchmark grading considered in post DPCs- Regarding