Pension Arrears from 01 Jan 2006 as per Court Order: Govt reply in Parliament
The orders for implementation of the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of 6th CPC for revision for pension of past pensioners were issued vide this Department’s OM No.38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 1.9.2008. The provisions of Para 4.2 of this OM were clarified vide this Department’s letter dated 3.10.2008.
The Central Administrative Tribunal, Principal Bench, New Delhi in its order dated 1.11.2011 observed that by the OM dated 3.10.2008 the original orders of 1.9.2008 have been modified. Hon’ble CAT directed that the past pensioners may be granted, w.e.f. 1.1.2006, a minimum pension @ 50% of the minimum pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale with reference to the fitment table applicable for revision of pay of serving employees.
A Writ Petition was filed in the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi challenging the above mentioned order. In its order dated 29.4.2013, the Hon’ble Delhi High Court has upheld the order dated 1.11.2011. After considering the order of Hon’ble High Court of Delhi and various representations received in this regard, Special Leave Petition was filed by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
This SLP came up for hearing recently on 29.7.2013 before the Hon. Supreme Court and has been dismissed.
The above information submitted by Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions in reply of undermentioned Lok Sabha Question:-
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL,PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO 670
ANSWERED ON 07.08.2013
DELAY IN PAYMENT OF ARREARS TO PENSIONERS
670 . Shri VILAS BABURAO MUTTEMWAR
Will the Minister of PERSONNEL,PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS be pleased to state:-
(a) the reasons for inordinate delay in implementation of Hon`ble High Court`s order to give effect to the payment of arrears w.e.f. 01.01.2006 to pensioners retired before 2006;
(b) whether the Government have received representations from employees organizations and other bodies in this regard; and
(c) if so, the details thereof and the reaction of the Government on the representations?
Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office. (SHRI V. NARAYANASAMY)
(a) to (c): *** see above ***
Source: Lok Sabha Q&A
Related to Your Search:
- PENSION ARREARS FROM 01.01.2006 AS PER COURT ORDER: GOVERNMENT REPLY IN PARLIAMENT
- Delay in Payment of Arrears to Pensioners: Question scheduled for 7th August 2013 in Lok Sabha
- Supreme Court Order – Benefit of pensioners who retired on 30th June
- Payment of arrears of pension for the period 1-1-2006 to 23-9-2012: Kindly stop driving every affected individual pensioner to the Courts of law
- Government mechanism available for redressal of pensioners grievances
- OLD PENSION SCHEME COURT CASES
- Implementation of post based roster under OM dated 2.7.1997
- Restoration of full pension of absorbee pensioners in view of the order dated 01.09.2016 of Hon’ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 604812010 and Civil Appeal No. 637112010
- Retirement Age of CG Employees – Lok Sabha Q&A