Payment of Additional Quantum of Pension to old pensioner
O/o the principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions)
Circular No.- 209
- The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai-400051
- The Director of Treasuries of all state …….
- The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
- The CDA (PD) Meerut……….
- The CDA-Chennai……….
- The Nodal Officers ICICI/ AXIS/HDFC Bank)….
- The Pay & Accounts Officers…………
- Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The DPDO…………
- The Post Master………….. Sub: Payment of Additional Quantum of Pension to old pensioner. Representations are being received from various Pension Disbursing Agencies(PDAs) seeking clarification as to from which date payment of additional quantum of pension to the armed forces service pensioners on attaining age of 80 years and above will be paid in cases where age shown in the PPO varies with the exact date of birth mentioned in the office records (i.e original discharge certificate).
The issue has been examined and it is noticed that in all old cases, there was a practice of mentioning the age of armed forces personnel instead of date of birth (though the date of birth was mentioned in LPC cum data sheet provided by the records offices). It is also noticed in some cases that age mentioned in the PPO differs from the date of birth/age mentioned in the LPC cum data sheet due to late submission of claim by ROs/HOOs and late notification of PPO as well.
Accordingly, it has been decided that in all such cases where pensioner is not satisfied or PDA is not sure regarding date of commencement of additional pension, the cases may be referred to this office through ROs/HOOs’ concerned for issuing Corr. PPO for making necessary amendment.
Leave a Reply