NFIR letter to Railway Board regarding Payment of Over Time arrears to the staff promoted to higher Grade Pay posts under cadre restructuring w.e.f 01-11-2013
N F I R
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3 Chelmsford Road, New Delhi – 110055
No.I/8 Part I
Dated: 14th Feb 2017
The Secretary (E)
Sub: Payment of Over Time arrears to the staff promoted to higher Grade Pay posts under cadre restructuring w.e.f 01-11-2013 – Case of AC Escorting staff of South western Railway – reg.
The Railway Board have granted upgradation under cadre restructuring for Technicians category w.e.f 01-11-2013 vide Board’s letter dated 08-10-2013. Implementation of these orders has taken fairly long time so much so on some Zonal Railways, the benefit of upgradation was practically implemented in the year 2015, giving effect from 01-11-2013.
In the above context, the Federation brings to the notice of the Railway Board that on South Western Railway the Technicians Gr I performing the AC escorting duties have been paid Over Time wages on the basis of their rate of pay at the given time. These Technicians-I were however granted upgradation benefit as Sr Technicians (GP 4200 PB-2) w.e.f. 01-11-2013, consequently they have demanded that they be paid difference of OT arrears for the period from 01-11-2013 on the basis of their revised pay in the St.Technicians Grade Pay 4200 (PB-2). The demand of these staff is genuine and covered under the rules. But the S.W.Rly has not taken action to arrange difference of OT amount duly taking into account the rate of pay of Sr.Technician with retrospective effect.
NFIR therefore requests the Railway Board to kindly issue instructions to GM/SW Rly., to arrange to ensure payment of OT arrears to the eligible staff in the above situations. Federation also requests that instructions may be issued to GMs of other Zonal Railways also to arrange to pay OT arrears wherever due.
Also, kindly connect its letters of even number dated 27-06-2016 and 10-08-2016 and provide action taken status on the said letters early.
Related to Your Search:
- Payment of Over Time arrears to the staff promoted to higher Grade Pay posts under cadre restructuring w.e.f. 01/11/2013
- Claims regarding payment of Travelling Allowance to the staff promoted under cadre restructuring w.e.f 01/11/2013 – case of North Western Railway
- Implementation of cadre restructuring in the gazetted setup of IT cadre on Indian Railways
- Option for pay fixation in the 7 CPC Pay Matrix levels to the Railway employees during the period 01/01/2016 to 25/07/2017
- Denial of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level 3 of 7th CPC
- Important staff issues upon which discussions held by NFIR
- Productivity Linked Bonus payment should be paid in cash – NFIR
- Harmonization of the cadre structure of Medical Laboratory Staff of Indian Railways with those in Central Government Hospitals
- Implementation of recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission – payment of Dress Allowance to Railway employees at Rs.10000/- per annum