Payment of Minimum wages to DEOs engaged in PAO, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata: AICAEA writes to CGA
All India Civil Accounts Employees Association
(RECOGNISED BY GOVT. OF INDIA)
The Chief Controller of Accounts,
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare,
Room No. 147, ‘A’ Wing, Nirman Bhawan,
Subject: – Settlement of the problems referred by the PAO, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata Unit.
Reference: – This Association’s letter No. AICAEA/HQ/C-1/2014/2252-54 dated 26-02-2014.
With reference to the above and in pursuance of the discussion held with the Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on 10th February 2015, I would like to draw your kind attention to the following few lines –
1. Payment of Minimum wages to DEOs engaged in PAO, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata:-
Through the letter dated 1st September 2014, the Unit Association of PAO, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata had brought it to your kind notice that the outsourced employees engaged in the PAO, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata as Data Entry Operators have not only been receiving less pay then the rate prescribed by the Ministry of Labour but also lesser than their counterparts working in the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare itself. Alongwith its letter, the Unit Association had also forwarded a detailed note analyzing the entire fact for your perusal and favorable action.
As 10 posts of Accountant/Senior Accountant, 4 posts of LDCs and 4 posts of MTS were vacant in PAO, Ministry Of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata , it was decided by the CCA, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to recruit 5(Five) Data Entry Operators through third party (Contractor) to meet the shortfall. These DEOs were granted Rs. 339/- per day in spite of the fact that being Graduates and Computer trained, they fall under the category of “Highly Skilled” and they had been engaged against regular works being performed by the Accountant, Senior Accountant and LDC.
Data Entry Operators engaged in the Central Drug Laboratory, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata have been receiving daily wages @ Rs. 405/- and the Pay Accounts Office, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata is making payment of the Bills preferred by DDO concerned. The Copies of the Bills are enclosed herewith for your ready reference. Therefore, the DEOs working PAO, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata are being paid less than their counterparts.
Moreover, the explanations below Part II of the Schedule of Government of India extra ordinary Gazette Notification No. 800 dated May 20th, 2009(copy enclosed) stipulated that-
(a) If there are two rates for the Highly Skilled category, the higher rate is to be protected (Explanation No. 2 below Part II of the Schedule). This fact has further been clarified vide Note of the order No. B-27(1)/2013 dated 1-4-2013 issued by the Dy. Chief Labour Commissioner (Central), Mumbai (copy enclosed).
(b) The minimum wage of DEO is to be determined after allowing Variable Dearness Allowances (explanation No. 7, below Part II of the Schedule).
(c) The minimum rates of wage include also the wage for weekly day of rest (explanation No.3 below Part II of the Schedule) which implies that pay is to be given for 26days and not 22days.
Further, the Ministry of Labour, Government of India vide OM No. 14(113)Misc. RLC (coord)/ 2012 dated 23rd January 2014 provided the detailed guidelines regarding engagement of workers through Contractors by the Ministries and Departments of Central Government (Copy enclosed).
In view of the above we request the following-
1. Wage to DEOs may be given for 26days instead of 22 days.
2. Discrimination in wages of DEO may be removed by granting the wage equal to the wage being paid to the DEOs of Central Drugs Laboratory, O/o the DDC (I) of ADC (I).
3. Variable Dearness Allowance may be given to DEOs twice in a year.
4. Higher rate of wage may be protected in r/o DEOs to determine the minimum wage.
5. The Ministry of Labour order No. 14(113)Misc.RLC(coord)/2012 dated 23rd January 2014 may be implemented in the matter of engagement of DEOs.
2. Filling up of vacant posts:-
In the year 2011, the office of the Controller General of Accounts issued orders directing the heads of the Civil Accounts organization to upload the data relating to vacancy to website of Staff Selection Commission within stipulated time. The arrangement was in operation in the years 2012, 2013 and 2014 also. Various Ministries and Departments of Civil Accounts organizations which had taken action promptly could fill up large number of vacancies as they were allotted candidates by the Staff selection Commission from among the qualified candidates of examinations of 2012 and 2013.
But the office of the CCA, Ministry of Health and family Welfare did not send its requirement to the Staff Selection Commission at that time and due to this the posts have been left vacant in this organization.
Therefore, we request you to kindly initiate steps for filling up of vacant posts immediately as the office is suffering from huge shortage of staff.
The PAO, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata Unit alongwith the West Bengal Branches of All India Civil Accounts Employees Association and All India Civil Accounts Employees Association Category II have been agitating for settlement of above demands. However, responding to an assurance of the authority, the Unit Association and the aforementioned Branch Associations had suspended their agitational programmes after holding three days continuous Dharna in January 2015. But it is nearly two months they have not yet received any favourable response from the authorities.
It will therefore, be highly appreciable, if you kindly intervene into the state of affairs and settle above issues at the earliest.
Enclo: as stated above
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of appropriate Pay Scale & Status to DEOs working in Civil Accounts setup of CBEC – NFCAA
- Schedule of 7th CPC Bangalore visit – Details of Meetings held by 7th CPC
- CS(MA) Rules 1944 Renewal of name of the AMA for the treatment of Central Govt. Employees and Members of their family for the period from 01.08.2017 to 31.07.2018
- MACPs – Grant of First/ Second / Third Financial Up-gradation under Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme to MTS/ CLKs
- Grant of Financial Upgradation under MACP scheme to MTS, CLKs, Staff Car Drivers, Canteen Employees and Asst. Accounts Officers
- Extension CGHS facilities to P&T pensioners
- Health Insurance Scheme for CGHS Beneficiaries
- Schedule of Training to be Imparted to Nodal Officer/CPIO/FAA of various Public Authorities under Central Govt. Ministries/Departments for Alignment with DOPTs RTIMIS Web Portal
- Enhancement of Retirement Age for Dental Doctors