Death of a Government servant during service
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Office of Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
E-Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi
Subject: Payment of family pension, death gratuity and other dues to the family on death of a Government servant during service – reg.
Reference is invited to Department of Pensions & Pension Welfare’s OM NO I/11/2021-P&PWE dated 03.06.2021 (copy enclosed) regarding the subject above.
2. All the Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (ICs) of the respective Ministries/Departments are requested to ensure strict compliance of the said OM. It 1s also incumbent on all concerned to ensure that the family pension and other dues in respect of the deceased employees in such cases are released to their families on priority basis, without looking at the maximum time limit prescribed in the CCS (Pension) Rules and CGAs OM issued dated 19th Feb 2021 in this regard for processing such cases.
3. It is also to be ensured that the provisional family pension may continue to be paid for the month in which claim is received by PAO from Head of Office and till the period PPO is prepared and dispatched to CPAO in such a manner that disbursement of family pension to the family pensioner for the succeeding month is commenced by the bank without any disruption in continuous receipt of family pension at any point of time. Therefore, PAO shall indicate the date from which the family pension Is authorized in the PPO to be paid by the Bank.
(Ashish Kumar Singh)
Dy. Controller General of Accounts
Related to Your Search:
- Payment of family pension, death gratuity and other dues to the family on death of a Railway servant during service
- How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant, pensioner, family pensioner
- Immediate cash relief to the family of an employee who dies while on the job: FinMin OM 30.04.2021
- Gratuity Pay under New Pension System
- CPAO: Simplification of pension procedure submission of undertaking by retiring Government servant
- CPAO: Timely commencement of family pension in favour of spouse by banks in the event of death of the pensioners
- KVS Timely payment of retirement benefits to the retiring employees – KVS retirement benefits
- Payment of a family pension, death gratuity, and other dues to the family of a central government employee who died while on service
- CGA – Process of digitization of Pension Payment in the Ministries / Departments