PCDA Circular 199 : Payment of enhanced Monetary Allowance attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awards
O/o The Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions)
Draupadighat, Allahabad 211014
Circular No. 199
Dated: 27 /03/2018
01. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East, Mumbai-400051
02. The Director of Treasuris of all state……………
03. The Manager CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
04. The CDA (PD) Meerut
05. The CDA, Chennai
06. The Nodal Officers (ICICI/AXIS/HDFC Bank)….
07. The Pay & Accounts Officer……………
08. The Military. & Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
09. The D.P.D.O…………………….
10. Post Master…………………
Sub: Payment of enhanced Monetary Allowance attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awards.
Ref: This office Circular No. 9 dated 10/06/2011 and Circular No. 30 dated 22/12/2017.
The rates of Monetary Allowance attached to pre and post independence Gallantary Awards have been revised by the Govt w.e.f. 30/03/2011 and 01/08/2017 and the same have been issued to all the Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDAs) vide this office Circular No. 9 dated 10/06/2011 and Circular No. 30 dated 22/12/2017 respectively. These circulars are also available on this office web site www.pcdapension.nic.in.
However, complaints from various agencies as well as the pensioners/family pensioners & Pensioners’ Associations are being received at various levels including Ministry of Defence (MoD) stating that PDAs are not making payment of enhanced rate of Monetary Allowance attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awards.
On examining the cases, it has been noticed that monetary allowance of Gallantry award has neither been revised as per this office Circular No. 9 dated 10/06/2011 nor Circular No. 30 dated 22/12/2017. Non-revision of monetary allowance of Gallantry Awards by the PDAs has resulted in huge arrears. Non-payment of dues to the pensioners/family pensioners as well as accumulation of such cases has been viewed seriously by the MoD. The MoD has further directed to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
Therefore, PDAs are requested to review all cases of monetary allowance attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awards and ensure that revision as per circulars mentioned above has been carried out by them and payment is being made at correct rates. The Pension Disbursing Agencies are also requested to submit detailed status report on payment of correct rate of Monetary Allowance attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awardees.
Details of Gallantry awardees extracted from pension payment scrolls for the month of January, 2018 received from the Banks in respect of whom monetary allowances are still awaiting for revision in terms of the above circulars is being forwarded separately to each CPPC for immediate revision of the same and to ensure credit the payments along with arrears in pensioners/family pensioners Bank Account. PDAs other than Banks are requested to review all cases of Gallantry awardees and confirm to this office that payment is being made as per the above quoted circulars.
Addl. CDA (Pensions)
Download PDF: http://pcdapension.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- PCDA Circular 30 – Payment of enhanced Monetary Allowances attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awards
- Gallantry Awards to the retired officers and personnels of the Police forces Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs)
- Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to the Post Independence Gallantry Awards
- Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to the Pre-Independence Gallantry Awards
- Payment of monetary allowance to Gallantry awards/police Medal to the retired personnel of Central Armed Police Forces and Gallantry Allowance to the officers
- Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to Jangi Inam (a Pre Independence Gallantry Award)
- Monetary Allowance for Widows of Gallantry Awards Recipients
- PCDA: Exemption of Pension/ Family Pension received with Gallantry Award
- Revision of pension under One Rank One Pension Circular dated on 16.09.2016