Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Pay Parity between Military and Civilian Personnel
The 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC), an expert body constituted by the Government, gave its recommendations on emolument structure of government employees, including personnel belonging to Defence Forces, after due consultation with various stakeholders and thorough examination of various aspects involved. The Commission recommended separate Pay Matrix for Defence Forces after considering: (i)principles and philosophy adopted in devising the Pay Matrix for civilian employees; and (ii)some of the aspects in the rank structure unique to Defence Forces. The Government accepted the Commission’s recommendations on Minimum Pay, Fitment Factor, Index of Rationalization, Pay Matrices and general recommendations on pay with certain exceptions in Defence Pay Matrix, namely, (i)revision of Index of Rationalization of Level 13A (Brigadier) from 2.57 to 2.67; and (ii)addition of three stages in Level 12A (Lt Colonel), three stages in Level 13 (Colonel), and two stages in Level 13A (Brigadier).
As and when issues regarding anomalies in the pay of defence personnel are brought to notice, the same are examined by the Government, on case to case basis.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Shri Sultan Ahmed and others in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Resolution for Defence Pay Matrix in respect of Brigadier, Lieutenant Colonel & Colonel
- Cabinet approved improvements in the Defence Pay Matrix in Some Levels
- MSP for Defence Personnel: Govt Decision on 7th CPC Recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission Resolution for Armed Forces personnel
- Modifications in the 7th CPC recommendations on pay and pensionary benefits approved by the Cabinet on 3rd May, 2017
- 7th CPC Defence Pay Matrix Table in Gazette Notification
- 7th CPC Military Brochure – Level of Ranks : Officers (Except MNS)
- Defence Pay Matrix enhanced from 2.57 to 2.67 for level 12A & 13
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations for Defence Forces Personnel – An Overview