Pay element relating to Running Staff/Loco Inspectors after the recommendations of 7th CPC
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
The General Manager,
Sub : Pay element relating to Running Staff/Loco Inspectors after the recommendations of Seventh CPC.
Please refer to your letter no. MRTS/E.345/0/12/Pt.IV/Misc dt. 05.05.2017 requesting a clarification about the percentage of pay element to be reckoned for the purpose of computation of pensionary benefits in respect of Loco Inspectors. This issue has also been raised by GS/NFIR in his letter no. IV/RSAC/Conf/Pt. VIII dt. 15.09.2017.
2. Loco Inspectors are entitled to 30% add-on pay element for retirement benefits as per paragraph no. 5.5 of Board’s letter no. E(P&A)II/83/RS-10(iv) dt. 25.11.1992 which has not been amended as yet. It is clarified that the pay element (presently 30% until further orders) has to be reckoned in the revised pay structure of Seventh CPC for calculation of pensionary benefits of Loco Inspectors.
3. In this connection it is noted that many retired Loco Inspectors, even after getting the benefit of 30% add-on pay element at the time of pay fixation as Loco Inspectors, have gone to Courts of Law claiming 55% pay element for pensionary benefits equating themselves to the running staff. It is reiterated that Loco Inspectors are not classified as running staff and therefore are not entitled to 55% pay element for pensionary benefits. This fact may be conveyed to such Loco Inspectors while calculating their pensionary benefits.
4.This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
(Salim Md. Ahmed)
Related to Your Search:
- 30% add on pay element to the retiring Loco Inspectors for reckoning pensionary benefits
- Pay element in the case of Loco Inspectors – 30% addition to 7th CPC pay matrix for retirement benefits
- Pay element relating to Running Staff after the recommendations of 7th CPC
- Revision of pension/family pension of Running Staff-reckoning of pay element for revision of pension of pre-2016 retired Loco Inspectors
- Anomaly in fixation of pay of Chief Loco Inspectors appointed prior to 01.01.2016 with reference to their juniors appointed after 01.01.2016 and drawing more pay than the seniors
- Pensionary benefits of medically decategorised running staff opt for voluntary Retirement
- Clarification regarding calculation of quantum of Annual Increment in pay in case of Running Staff
- Loco running staff as on April 2017 is 87196
- NFIR Filling up the posts of Loco Inspectors.