Parliament to resume Budget Session today
New Delhi: The Budget Session of the Parliament is to resume shortly, with the Lok Sabha reconvening its term today, while the Rajya Sabha will begin its second spell on April 23.
Among the key legislations to be passed during this period will be the controversial Land Acquisition Bill, the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill and the Constitution Amendment Bill for introduction of Goods and Services Tax (GST), among others.
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led National Democratic Alliance (ND) has a clear majority of 335 in the Lok Sabha but is weaker in the Rajya Sabha, with just 63 seats.
Related to Your Search:
- PFRDA Bill, 2011 – Likely to take in this session of Parliament.
- Government Hopeful of Passing GST Bills in next phase of Budget Session
- Government may table 4 GST bills in Parliament today: Minister
- Lok Sabha during next week will take up the Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Bill, 2015 – PIB Report
- Cabinet clears GST Bill, all eyes on Rajya Sabha now
- Commencement of 12th Session of the Fifteenth Lok Sabha and 227th Session of Rajya Sabha
- Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed in the Parliament
- Government to replace GST ordinance with bill
- Cabinet clears GST supplementary legislations