Proposal to grant Paramilitary Allowance/Special Pay to the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) personnel at par with the Army: Lok Sabha Q&A
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
STARRED QUESTION NO 15
ANSWERED ON 24.02.2015
PARAMILITARY ALLOWANCE SPECIAL PAY FOR CAPF
15 . Nishank Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal
Kishore Shri Kaushal
Will the Minister of HOME AFFAIRS be pleased to state:-
(a) whether suggestions have been received from various quarters to grant Paramilitary Allowance/Special Pay to the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) personnel at par with the Army, if so, the details and the present status thereof;
(b) the financial benefits envisaged for such personnel;
(c) whether the Government is also considering other benefits/facilities for the CAPF personnel on the lines of Defence Forces; and
(d) if so, the details thereof?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS (SHRI KIREN RIJIJU)
(a) to (d): A statement is laid on the Table of the House.
STATEMENT IN REPLY TO PARTS (a) TO (d) OF LOK SABHA STARRED QUESTION No.15 FOR 24.02.2015
(a) : A proposal has been received from BSF for sanction of Para Military Service Pay (PMSP) to BSF personnel at par with Army personnel. This proposal has been referred to the 7th Central Pay Commission vide MHA OM dated 05.11.2014.
(b) : The rate of Para Military Service Pay requested is @ Rs.2,000/- pm to Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) and Rs.6,000/- pm to officers up to DIG rank, based on the rates of Military Service Pay.
(c) & (d) : Besides PMSP, another proposal for 20 days’ Casual Leave to Officers and 30 days for Other Ranks in CAPFs, in a calendar year, at par with Army has also been referred to the 7th Central Pay Commission vide MHA OM dated 17.10.2014.
Related to Your Search:
- whether Government has any proposal to extend same benefits to paramilitary forces at par with army?
- Granting of Para Military Service Pay (PMSP) to Central Armed Police Force personnel at par with Army personnel
- Para Military Service Pay to Central Armed Police Force at par with Army has been referred to the 7th Pay Commission
- MHA for Pay on Par with Army for Paramilitary
- 7CPC: MHA for pay on par with Army for paramilitary forces in 7th CPC
- Para Military Service pay only under consideration not OROP
- Govt reply on CAPF’s demands regarding One Rank One Pension and Ex-Servicemen Status
- Risk allowance to Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel deployed in maoist strongholds – Not any proposal under consideration
- Risk Allowance to Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)