Out of 12 Central Trade Unions, Seven Unions went on strike – PIB Report
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Labour & Employment
02-September-2015 19:09 IST
Normal Life not Affected by Labour Unions’ Strike
Government Committed to Ensure Welfare of Workers
The impact of the strike call given by some of the Central Trade Unions has not been felt much in the most parts of the country as per information received from all over the country.
The situation remained, by and large, normal and peaceful across the country. Most of the employees attended their offices. Trains, buses, auto rickshaws, lorries plied as usual. There has been minimal effect in banking, coal, major ports & defence production units. The essential services functioned more or less normally.
The Inter-Ministerial Committee constituted by the Prime Minister had held several rounds of meetings with the representatives of Central Trade Unions to discuss their demands. The Government is positive on many of their demands without any pressure and expressed its commitment to ensure the welfare of workers.
Out of 12 Central Trade Unions, two Unions did not join the strike, three Unions remained neutral and seven Unions went on strike. It indicates that the workers want to settle their demands through the dialogue and discussion.
The workers are in agreement with the Government and are looking forward to positive steps taken by the Government on nine of their twelve demands which will be met as per their aspirations.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Group of four Ministers to discuss the workers’ demands with the United front of trade unions
- 10 central trade unions stick to plan for 1-day nation-wide strike on September 2
- Two day strike Banking ops partially affected due to trade union strike
- Central trade unions will announce one-day nationwide strike on September 2
- Next meeting with Trade Unions scheduled on 22-05-2013 due to the impact of Two days strike
- All India General Strike by Central Trade Unions – 2nd September, 2016
- Government Initiatives on proposed Strike by the Central Trade Unions
- All India strike by trade unions
- BPMS Circular on Postponement of Strike of 02.09.2015