OROP scheme to be executed after session: Rao Inderjit
Rewari, March 16 Union Minister of State for Defence Rao Inderjit said today that the announcement about implementation of the one-rank,one-pension (OROP) scheme would be made immediately after the conclusion of parliamentary session.
Interacting with mediapersons at his residence in Rampura village here today, he said the BJP government was committed to executing the OROP scheme for ex-servicemen.
He maintained the financial burden on account of implementing the OROP scheme had been taken care of in the Budget. If needed, additional funds would be transferred for the scheme.
“Any monetary problem will not be allowed to come in the way of the OROP scheme,” said Inderjit.
About amendments to the existing Land Acquisition Act, the minister said not a single inch of land would be acquired without obtaining consent from the landowners. The amendments had been made to make the Act effective and development-oriented, he added. Earlier, addressing a gathering at Tehna Deepalpur village the minister said the Central as well as the state governments were keen on fulfilling their poll promises.
Read at: Tribune India
Related to Your Search:
- Anna Hazare Prepares for Nationwide Protests for OROP
- Anomalies in OROP : Judicial Committee will submit its report by Dec 2016
- OROP continues to make headlines
- OROP Latest News : National Ex-servicemen Coordination committee meets Defense Minister 22.4.2015
- Rs 5,500 crore paid as first OROP installment: PM
- Parliament to resume Budget Session today
- Latest news on OROP – Delegates of NeXCC discussing the OROP issue with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Demands of Armed Forces Veterans for One rank one pension and various issues
- Government to issue OROP notification before Diwali says Parrikar