OROP Arrears is expected to be released by March end to family pensioners
Revised Pensionary benefits under OROP released to over Two Lakh Defence Pensioners
The Defence Pension Disbursing Offices (DPDOs) functioning under Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA) in the Ministry of Defence have released revised pensionary benefits to 2,21,224 Defence pensioners drawing service/disability pension. The amount along with first instalment of arrears had been released and credited by the Defence Ministry to the accounts of these pensioners on 01.03.2016.
In the case of remaining 1,46,335 family pensioners drawing pension from Departmental Pension Drawing Officers (DPDOs), payment along with arrears is expected to be released by March end. Banks are under process of revision work.
These steps are a follow-up to Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (ESW) of the Ministry of Defence’s notification on 07.11.2015 ordering implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme for Defence pensioners.
The total additional annual financial increase for grant of One Rank One Pension (OROP) is Rs. 7488.70 crores. The total amount on account of arrears to be paid for the period 1.7.2014 to 31.12.2015 is Rs. 10925.11 crores.
Out of total annual liability of Rs. 7488.70 crores, PBOR family pensioners shall get Rs. 6,405.59 crores, which works out to 85.5% of total expenditure of OROP.
Due to increase in defence pension budget, the additional liability for current financial year 2015-16 shall be Rs. 4,721.34 crores which will increase the current defence pension liability of Rs. 60,238 crores to Rs. 64,959.34 crores for the year 2015-16.
Detailed implementation orders of OROP with 101 tables containing revised pensions of different ranks and categories were issued by the Department of ESW on 03.02.2016 through their website www.desw.gov.in. According to the orders, the Pension Disbursing Agencies have been authorized to make payments with arrears as scheduled.
To facilitate the pension disbursing agencies, the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (P) have also issued implementation instructions through a circular on 04.02.2016. The implementation instructions along with Government orders are available on the website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
Related to Your Search:
- OROP Table : One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation tables issued
- Expedition Process of OROP
- State Bank of India released arrears worth Rs 1,465 crore to 7.75 lakh defence pensioners under One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme
- Implementation of OROP
- More than two-thirds of the Ex-Servicemen have been paid the OROP arrears
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation order, tables issued
- Defence Pension – Implement of OROP to Defence Forces Pensioners / Family Pensioners – PIB News
- OROP Anomalies – One member Judicial Committee will submit its report in six months
- OROP PENSION TABLES FOR DEFENCE PERSONNEL – PENSION TABLE FOR REGULAR COMMISSIONED OFFICERS