ORDNANCE FACTORY BOARD (OFB) – Cadre restructure of Store Keeping Staff in Ordnance Factories
A proposal has been sent to Ministry of Defence to get its approval on Cadre restructuring of Store Keeping Staff in Ordnance Factories. Staff Side demanded to review the Cadre of Store keepers and remove the acute stagnation in various levels of meeting. Accordingly the issue has been examined by this Department, a proposal has been made and forwarded to MoD to obtain approval. The complete order is published on the official blog of INDWF today.
We have reproduced the order and given below for your ready reference.
BY FAX/SPEED POST
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
ORDNANCE FACTORY BOARD
10-A, SHAHEED KHUDIRAM BOSE ROAD
KOLKATA – 700001
Sub: Cadre restructuring of Store Keeping Staff in Ordnance Factories Organisation.
After the implementation of the VIth CPC by the Govt. of India, there is a growing demand from staff side to review the Cadre of Store Keeping Staff in the Ordnance Factories Organisation.
2. Accordingly the issue has been examined with the following terms of reference.
i) To examine the stagnation profile of existing Supervisor(Stores) and Store Keepers.
ii) To examine any other issues related to the career progression brought out by the Indian Ordnance Factories Non-Technical Supervisory Staff Association.
iii) To suggest a viable cadre structure proposed in the Non-Tech. (Stores) discipline for the Supervisors (Stores) and Store Keeper.
3. Consequent upon the implementation of the 6th CPC the cadre structure of Store Keeping Staff in the OF. Organisation is as follows :-
|Name of the Post||Pay Band and Grade Pay||Sanction Strength||Residency period post 6th CPC|
|Store Keeper||PB-1 G.P. Rs.1900||1076||Nil being a DR Post|
|Supervisor(Stores)||PB-1 G.P. Rs.2400||827||8 Years|
|Chargeman (Stores)||PB-1 G.P. Rs.4200||725||10 Years|
|JWM (Stores)||PB-1 G.P. Rs.4600||317||5 Years|
4. There is acute stagnation in the Store Keeping cadre. For promotion from Storekeeper to Chargeman (Stores) the residency period required is 18 years. About 394 employees are stagnating far from date of holding Store Keeper post. Relatively, stagnation amongst Supv(NT/S) is much more as compared to stagnation amongst Store Keepers. In Store Keeper post 9 years is 69 and for Supv. the said no. is 165. One of the main reasons for stagnation is reduction in the sanction strength of Chargeman (S) due to abolition of Posts during ADRP.
5. Also, the Cadre review of stores stream has not been undertaken for a long time. There is considerable stagnation at the level of Supv.(NT/S) as stated earlier. For Supv.(NT/S) with a strength of 827 posts there are about 363 promotional posts of CIM(S), which is another main reason for acute stagnation.
6. After implementation of the recommendation of the 5th CPC different intergrade ratios were prescribed for Technical and Non-Technical Supervisory Staff in the Ordnance Factories Organisation vide M of D letter No.44(1)/2002/III/D(Fy-ll) dt. 01.10.2002 (copy enclosed). For Non-Technical Supervisory Staff the ratio for JWM & CJM works out 30:70, where as for Technical Supervisory Staff i.e. JWM(T) and C/M(T) the ratio is 40:60, which also puts non-technical staff in a disadvantageous position as far as career prospects are concerned.
7. Considering all the above facts; the revised stature is proposed to be as follows.
|Post||Proposed Strength||Proposed Ratio|
8. The financial implications of the cadre restructuring is as follows.
|Grade||PB & G.P.in Rs.||Mid pointof the PB Plus G.P. in Rs.||Present Sanction Strength||Proposed Sanction Strength||No. ofposts proposed to be created or surrendered||Financial implication per month|
|Store Keeper||PB-1, 5,200-20,200 G.P.1900/-||14600||1076||834||(-) 242||(-)242×14600 = (-) 3533200|
|Supervisor (S)||PB-1, 5,200-20,200 G.P.2400/-||15100||827||834||(+)7||(+)7 x 15100 = (+) 105700|
|Chargeman (S)||PB-2, 9,300-34,800 G.P.4200/-||26250||725||894||(+)169||(+)169×26250 =(+) 4436250|
|JWM (S)||PB-2, 9,300-34,800 G.P.4600/-||26650||317||417||(+)100||(+)100×26650 =(+) 2665000|
The financial implication per annum works out to Rs. 3673750 × 12=Rs.44085000/-. For matching saving, it is proposed to surrender 254 posts of Labourer in the pay band-i, Rs. 5,200- 20,200/- and G.P. Rs. 1800/-, (financial implication per annum for 254 posts of Labourer = 14500 x 254 x 12 = Rs. 44196000). This will result in savings of Rs. 111000/- per annum.
9. Ministry of Defence is requested to kindly approve the above proposal for cadre restructuring of Store Keeping Staff.
FOR DIRECTOR GENERAL, ORDNANCE FACTORIES
Related to Your Search:
- Cadre Review of Clerical Staff in Ordnance Factories Organisation – INDWF
- CADRE REVIEW IN BARRACKS AND STORE CADRE OF MES
- Proposed model for promotion of Master Craftsman and Chargeman in Defence Ordnance Establishments
- Feasible Proposed Designation for Chargeman and JWM in Ordnance Establishments
- Merger and re-designation of various common category posts per 6th CPC recommendations: Ministry of Defence
- INDWF writes to DGOF and Chairman of OFB to grant third MACP to MCM in Ordnance Establishments
- Review of Model RRs for the Store Keeping staff category of posts
- Eligibility for LDCE for the post of Supervisor (NT) in Ordnance Factories
- INDWF published III Level JCM Meeting discussion points