All India Railwaymen’s Federation
Dated: January 4, 2021
Sub: Opening of Staff Canteens, Community Halls, Railway Institutes and Creches etc. all over the Indian Railways
Pursuant to DoP&T’s instructions, contained in their Office Memorandum No.11013/9/2014-Estt.A.III dated 16/17.03.2020, Railway Board, vide their letter No.E(G)/2020/CL/4-2 dated 18.03.2020, had decided to close Railway Staff Canteens, Community Halls, Railway Institutes and Creches all over the Indian Railways.
In the wake of present unlock in the country, most of the Railway Offices are functioning on regular basis as also social functions, like Marriage Ceremony etc., are being organised, complying restrictions and guidelines issued by the MoH and Health & Family Welfare in connection with the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Since Railway Board have not yet issued instructions in connection with opening of Railway Staff Canteens, Community Halls, Railway Institutes and Creches etc., the Railwaymen and their families have been facing several difficulties. Numerous representations are also pouring in this office, demanding opening of these Railway Establishments as Railway Staff and their families are facing lot of problems due to closure of these Establishments.
Further, CPO(Admn.), N.F. Railway, vide his letter No.E/322/182-3(W) dated 17.12.2020 (copy enclosed for ready reference) has also made a reference to the Railway Board, requesting to communicate necessary decision in this regard.
Board are, therefore, requested to issue necessary instructions to all the General Managers of the Indian Railways for opening of Railway Staff Canteens, Community Halls, Railway Institutes and Creches all over the Indian Railways.
An early action in the matter shall be highly appreciated.
Encl: As above
- Copy to: D.G.(H.R.),Railway Board – for necessary action please.
- Copy to: A.M.(I.R.), Railway Board – for necessary action please.
- Copy to: E.D.(I.R.), Railway Board – for necessary action please.
- Copy to: GSs, All Affiliated Unions – for information.
Related to Your Search:
- Seventh Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government – Payment of National Holiday Allowance to non-gazetted Staff in Pay Level 9 and 10 on Indian Railways
- Incorrect fixation of pay for Pharmacist – NFIR
- Restructuring of certain Group ‘C’ cadres in Railways – Clarification reg.
- Staff Benefit Fund – Amendment of provisions relating to Railway Staff Benefit FundStaff Benefit Fund – Amendment of provisions relating to Railway Staff Benefit Fund
- Harmonization of the cadre structure of Medical Laboratory Staff of Indian Railways with those in Central Government Hospitals
- Online Allotment of Railway Officers Rest House, Holiday Homes, Community Centres / Halls
- Revision of rates of Training Allowances and abolition of Sumptuary Allowance for Training Institutes
- Improvement in the Educational Qualification and the pay structure for the category of Medical Laboratory Staff in Railways
- Implementation of cadre restructuring in the gazetted setup of IT cadre on Indian Railways