New KV School
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Education
Two new KVs opened, one each in Karnataka and Punjab; announces Union Education Minister
04 MAR 2021
Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced the opening of two new Kendriya Vidyalayas, one each in the state of Karnataka and Punjab. KV Sadalaga, Belagavi, Karnataka, and KV IIT Ropar, Punjab will be two new addition to the family of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. With this, the total number of KVs across the Country will raise to 1247.
Initially these two Vidyalayas will function with classes I to V and thereafter grow consequentially upto class XII. When these Vidyalayas start functioning in full capacity, around 1000 students of the area will be benefited in each school. The Admission process in both the Vidyalayas will start in the academic session 2021-22.
KV Sadalagais a Civil sector Vidyalaya and will start functioning in the building provided by the State Government till the construction of new building.
KV IIT Ropar will start functioning in its own building provided by the Institute.
KV Sadalagais in the Chikkodi Parliamentary constituency (district Belagavi) of Karnataka, while KV IIT Ropar is in Anandpur Sahib Parliamentary Constituency (district Roopnagar) of Punjab.
From 20 schools in the year of establishment-1963, KVS now has 1247 schools in the year 2020-21 including 3 KVs abroad viz. Moscow, Kathmandu, Tehran. Total enrolment of students as on date is 1393668.
Related to Your Search:
- Opening of New Kendriya Vidyalaya in Khanpur Distt, Roopnagar, Punjab
- KV SChools Age Criteria and Admission Schedule for the year 2015-16
- Kendriya Vidyalayas – Details of KV’s – Minister answered in Parliament
- MPs Quota for Admission in KVs
- KVS: Opening of 13 New KV Schools under Civil / Defence Sector
- English medium education in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- KV School: Admission in KV Schools through MP recommendations
- Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs)
- In India, there are currently 1242 Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) – KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS ADMISSION QUOTA