Official Report of NFIR about the Massive Demonstration by Central Government employees at Parliament
Massive Demonstration by Central Government employees at Parliament – Indefinite Strike from 23rd November,2015 announced
Natioiral Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI . 1 10055
MASSIVE DEMONSTRATION BY CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AT PARLIAMENT – INDEFINITE STRIKE FROM 23rd NOVEMBER 2015 ANNOUNCED
Over one lakh Central Government employees belonging to Railways, Defence, Postal, Income Tax, Central Excise etc., have conducted massive demonstration in front of Parliament against Central Government’s anti worker policies and non-responsive attitude on the Charter of Demands presented to the Dr. M. Raghavaiah, Chairman of the National Joint Council of Action (NJCA) has presided over the massive meeting near Parliament. He declared that over 34 lakh Central Govemment employees will go on Indefinite Strike from 23rd November 2015 – 6 A.M. onwards if Government fails to reach negotiated settlement on the Charter of Demands out of which main demands are as follows :-
- Withdrawal of FDI, PPP in Railways, Defence etc., – Stop outsourcing, contractorisation and privatization,
- Scrap New Pension Scheme,
- Grant of Interim Relief to Central Government employees,
- Merger of DA with Pay with retrospective effect and payment of Interim Relief,
- Implement wage revision w.e.f. 01/01/2014,
- Calculation of PL Bonus on actual wages,
- Exemption of Transport Allowance from the purview of Income Tax,
- Enhancement of contribution of GIS by atleast 10 times,
- Merger of Technician II with Technician I in GP 2800/- (PB-I) in Railways,
- Entry grade pay of Station Master as Rs. 4200/- in (PB-2),
- Allotment of higher grade pay to Loco Pilots and Guards,
- Upward revision of kilometrage rates of Running Staff w.e.f. 01/011/2006 and settle settlement of Running Staff issues as per agreement dated 07th February 2014 etc.
S/Shri Shiva Gopal Mishra, NJCA Convenor, Guman Singh, NFIR President, Rakhal Das Gupta, AIRF President, Pathak, President/AIDWF, Ashok Singh, President/INDWF, K.K.N. Kutty, president/Confederation of Central Government employees, R.Srinivasan, General Secretary/INDWF, Shri Kumar, General Secretary/AIDWF, R.P. Bhatnagar, NFIR Working President, B.C. Sharma, Joint General Secretary, NFIR, N. Kannaiah, AIRF Working President, Harbajan Singh Siddu, President, NRMU, Thiyagaiajan, Secretary General FNPO, Krishnan, Confederation and NFPE leader among those addressed the masses. NFIR Vice president J.G. Mahurkar and AGS/NFIR, P.S. Suriyaprakasam and Munindra Saikia, Asst General Secretary/NFIR were also on the dais.
RESOLUTION ADOPTED AT THE MASSWE RALLY AT JANTAT MANTAR (PARLIAMENT STREET) ON 28th APRIL 2015
“The massive congregation of the representatives of Central Government Employees who have come from various parts of the country held at Jantar Mantar before the Indian Parliament on 28/04/2015 decided to commence the Indefinite strike action 23rd November 2015 from 6:00 AM having failed to elicit any positive response from the Government in settlement of the 10 Point charter of Demands submitted months back. It was also decided that the Railways and Defence organirations will conduct the strike ballot in July 2015 as per the provision of the Industrial Disputes Act and Recognition Rules before commencing the strike from 23.11.2015.
The massive gathering adopted the resolution unanimously exhorting the central Government Employees to prepare for the eventual strike action in all earnestness and make it a historic one.
The meeting congratulates the employees for forging exemplary unity and carrying out various programmes chalked out by the National Joint Council of Action (NJCA) after the National Convention on 11th December 2014. Even though the Government was compelled to set up the 7th CPC on account of the sanctions generated through the action programmes, Government has refused to grant Interim Relief and Merger of DA and excluded the Gramin Dak Sewaks of the Postal Department from the ambit of the 7tn CPC.
The meeting noted that the Government has purposely ensured the closure of Joint consultative Machinery, the negotiating forum set up in 1964 for Central Government Employees to discuss and bring about settlement of their demands.
The meeting chaired by Secretary (personnel) on 25th February 2015 did not bring about settlement on any single item of the Charter of Demands.
The meeting unanimously decided to demand the immediately and settle the following Charter of Demands.
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
Effect wage revision of the Central Government Employees from 01/01/2014,regarding the memorandum of the Staff side JCM, ensure 5-year wage revision in future, grant Interim Relief and Merger of 100% of DA.
Ensure submission of the 7th CPC report within the stipulated time frame of 18 months, include the Grameen Dak Sewaks within the ambit of the 7th CPC. Settle all anomalies of the 6th CPC.
- No Privatization, PPP or FDI in Railways and Defence Establishments and no corporatization of postal services.
- No Ban on recruitment/creation of post.
- Scrap PFRDA Act and re-introduce the defined benefit statutory pension scheme.
No outsourcing, contractorisation, privatization of governmental functions, withdraw the proposed move to close down the Printing Presses, the publication form store and stationery departments and Medical Stores Depots, regularize the existing daily rated/casual and contract workers and absorption of trained apprentices.
Revive the JCM function at all levels as an effecting negotiating forum for settlement of the demand of the
- Remove the arbitrary ceiling on compassionate appointments.
- No labour reforms which are inimical to the interest of the workers.
- Remove the Bonus ceiling.
- Ensure five promotions in the service career.
The meeting authorized the National JCA to take appropriate and necessary steps indefinite strike begining from 23rd November 2015 an unprecedented and grand success’.
Related to Your Search:
- PARLIAMENT MARCH & RALLY OF ABOUT 20000 CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES – CONFEDERATION
- NJCA decides to go on indefinite strike from 1st Week of March 2016
- 7th Pay Commission News – Strike Notice by Defence Workers
- 7th Pay Commission News – Strike Notice by Defence Workers
- INDEFINITE STRIKE FROM 6TH MAY 2015- MASSIVE PARLIAMENT MARCH BY POSTAL JCA ON 04-12-2014
- NATIONAL JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION DECLARES NATIONWIDE INDEFINITE STRIKE FROM 23RD NOVEMBER 2015
- NFIR clarified that there is no change on Indefinite Strike decision of NJCA
- Action programme of NJCA on 26 Point Charter of Demands submitted by NJCA
- 7th CPC recommendations and Charter of Demands