Number of Sainik Schools currently functional in the country, State/ UT-wise – Defence
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO.46
TO BE ANSWERED ON 14th September, 2020
SAINIK SCHOOLS IN THE COUNTRY
46 DR. SANTANU SEN:
Will the Minister of DEFENCE be pleased to state:
(a) the details of the number of Sainik Schools currently functional in the country, State/ UT-wise;
(b) the details of funds allocated, released and utilised by these schools in the last five years, year-wise;
(c) the details of new Sainik Schools proposed to be set up in the country;
(d) whether Government proposes to set up new Sainik School in the State of West Bengal; and
(e) if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
SHRI SHRIPAD NAIK
(a) There are 33 Sainik Schools functioning in the country. State/UT-wise details of Sainik Schools in the country is placed at Annexure-I.
(b) The details of financial assistance to Sainik Schools provided by Central Government in the last five years are as under :
|Budget Allocated / |
Utilised (Rs. in Crore)
c) Details of new Sainik Schools proposed to be set up in the country is placed at Annexure-II.
(d) & (e): State of West Bengal has one Sainik School in Purulia district. Besides, In-principle approval for setting up a Sainik School in Darjeeling was conveyed to the State Government of West Bengal. There has been no response from the State Government of West Bengal, till date.
Source: Rajya sabha
Related to Your Search:
- Defence – Reservation in Sainik School – 27% reservation for OBCs
- New Sainik Schools in collaboration with NGOs, private schools, and state governments
- Budget 2021 – 100 new Sainik Schools in partnership with NGOs/ private schools/ states – PIB News
- Karnataka is establishing a new Sainik school – PIB
- Defence – New Sainik Schools
- No provision of reservation to admit civilian students in army schools: Rajya Sabha
- Reservation of employees in central universities
- CGHS Ayurvedic dispensaries – Exclusive State wise report
- 132 Armed Forces Hospitals