RBE No. 28/2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
New Delhi, Dated : 03.03.2020
The GMs/ Principal Financial Advisors,
All Zonal Railways/ Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Subject: Coverage under Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993, in place of National Pension System, of those Railway employees whose selection for appointment was finalized before 01.01.2004 but who joined Railway service on or after 01.01.2004.
Also check: Good news for NPS employees
A copy of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DOP&PW’s) O.M. No. 57/04/2019-P&PW(B) dated 171 h February, 2020 is enclosed herewith for compliance and guidance. These instructions shall apply mutatis mutandis on the Railways also. Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 correspond to the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993. The Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance’s Notification No. 5n/2003-ECB &PR dated 22.12.2003, mentioned in the DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020, has been circulated on Railways vide this office’s letter No. F(E)III/2003/PN 1/24 dated 31.12.2003.
Similar to the amendments made in the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 and other connected rules, as mentioned in para 1 of the DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020, the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993 and other connected rules were also amended vide Notification No. F(E)III/ 2003/PN1/38 dated 30.12.2003.
Further, separate instructions with respect to para 9 of the DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020 will be issued by the Accounts Directorate for accountal of the corpus available in the NPS account of the railway servant.
D.A.: as above
(G. Priya Sudarsani)
Director, Finance (Estt.)
Related to Your Search:
- After 7th CPC, the limits on two family pension payable to a child in support of both parents is revised
- Payment of lump-sum compensation to railway employees covered under NPS on retention in Railway service
- Relaxation of Rule 96 of Railway Services Pension Rules, 1993 for payment of provisional Family Pension on death of a Government Servant during service
- Provisional release of retirement benefits as per Rule 91 of Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993
- Benefit of gratuity in respect of Railway employees covered under NPS
- 7th Central Pay Commission : Revision of pension of pre-2016 Pensioners/Family Pensioners – R.B.E. No. : 97/2016
- Regulation of pension and other retirement benefits of Railway servants who were on Extraordinary leave / unauthorized absence / suspension as on 01.01.2016 and retired / died thereafter without joining duty
- Railways: Revision of pension w.e.f. 01.01.2006 of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500 to Rs. 10500
- Dispensing with the requirement of BSR code of Bank from the pension claim forms – Railways