NPS to OPS – Extension of old pension scheme under CCS(Pension) Rules 1972 to the employees who were selected During the year 2003 and who had joined service On or after 01-01-2004
Shiva Gopal Mishra
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultative Machinery
for Central Government Employees
13C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi – 110001
E-Mail : [email protected]
April , 2019
Government of India
Department of Pension and Pensioners welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan.
Khan Market, New Delhi.
Sub: Extension of old pension scheme under CCS(Pension) Rules 1972 to the employees who were selected During the year 2003 and who had joined service On or after 01/01/2004.
Ref: 1) Judgment of the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi
Judgment in WP (C)3834/2013 & in WP(C) 28/10/2016 dtd. 27/03/2017.
2) Min. of Home Affairs (Pay & Accounts Office)
CRPF Lt. No.PAO/CRPF/MHA/NPS/DA-9(1)/ 2018-19/797, dtd. 15th March 2019.
You are aware that the Staff Side of National Council(JCM) is representing in various forums to withdraw the National Pension System and to restore the old Pension Scheme under CCS(Pension) Rules 1972, to the Defence Civilian Employees recruited on or after 01/01/2004, since the NPS is determental to the employees as there is no defined guarantee for Pension during the old age. This was one of the important demand, for which the NJCA has served Strike notice on the Govt. For observing In-definite Strike. However due to the assurance given by the Group of Ministers, the proposed In-Definite Strike was deferred.
Sir, at present based on the Judgment of the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi in the above referred cases, the Ministry of Home Affairs have decided to extend the benefits of the old pension scheme under CCS(Pension) Rules 1972, to the Para-Military forces who were selected during the year 2003, but joined service on or after 01/01/2004. In this regard your kind attention is drawn to the letter of Ministry of Home Affairs, dtd. 15th March 2019 referred at (2) above (copy enclosed for ready reference). The Ministry of Home Affairs have decided to transfer the NPS contribution of the concerned employees to the GPF Scheme and also to bring the employees who were selected during 2003 on the basis of notification issued during 2002/2003 and joined service on or after 2004, under the coverage of CCS(Pension) Rules 1972.
A large number of Central Govt. Employees in various Departments Like Railways, Defence, Postal and other Departments are similarly placed. These employees were selected for appointment during the year 2003, based on the employment notification issued during 2002/2003 however due to delay in receiving the Attestation Forms(Police Verification Report), Medical fitness etc., they were forced to join service on or after 01/01/2004. Due to no mistake of theirs’ they were brought under the coverage of NPS, thereby denying them the benefit of GPF and Defined Guaranteed Pension under the CCS(Pension) Rules 1972. These employees also have now started representing for extending the benefit given to the Home Ministry Staff for them, and their demand is fully justified and is covered under the Judgment of Hon’ble High Court of Delhi.
Sir, in view of the above, it is requested that you may kindly look into the matter and arrange to issue instructions for extending the benefit given to the Para-Military forces in the Home Ministry to the similarly placed Central Govt. Employees by extending them the benefit of Old Pension Scheme under CCS(Pension) Rules 1972. A copy of your instruction may please be endorsed to this office.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Encl: 1) Copy of Ministry of Home Affairs Lt. Dtd. 15th March 2019.
2) Copy of the Judgment of High Court of Delhi, dtd. 12th Feb. 2015 and 27 March 2017.
Related to Your Search:
- MACP – DoP Order to implement Court judgement on Stepping up of pay
- Reversion to old pension scheme
- Reversion to Old Pension Scheme
- Government decides to allow one more opportunity to employees of Public Sector Insurance Companies who joined on or before 28th June, 1995
- Grant of Notional Increment on completion of 12 Months of Service on of July of a Calendar Year (After Retirement) for the purpose of Pension to Government employees
- High Court Order transferring NPS Subscription into GPF account
- NPS to OPS – Contract for Old Pension Scheme – Rajya Sabha – Central Government employees
- Temporary Employees joined before Jan, 2004 and regularised in NPS will eligible for Pension & GPF: CAT
- Retired employees of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti NVS for coverage under Old Pension Scheme OPS – Pensionary Benefit under CCS Pension Rules – 1972