Ministry of Finance
Now 97.05 lakh subscribers base under Atal Pension Yojana
02 APR 2018
At the end of Financial Year 2017-18, 97.05 lakh subscribers have enrolled under Atal Pension Yojana. The incremental addition of 48.21 lakh subscribers was a 98% more than previous Financial Year 2016-17 figure of 48.83 lakhs. PFRDA appreciates the efforts taken out by the APY Service Providers (Banks/DoP) for their contribution towards making India a Pensioned Society.
PFRDA has taken various initiatives for the expansion of outreach and ease the operations under APY. Online facility to view Statement of Account and ePRAN card was enabled for the ease access of account of APY subscribers, going ahead mobile applications for empowering the subscribers to view transactions and other details of their APY account was introduced. For the convenience of the subscriber and promoting the digital initiatives of GOI, PFRDA introduced the online registration facility through eNPS Channel by login to a website www.enps.nsdl.com without any requirement of physical document.
APY became operational from 1st June, 2015 and is available to all citizens of India in the age group of 18-40 years. Under the scheme, a subscriber would receive a minimum guaranteed pension of Rs.1000 to Rs.5000 per month, depending upon his contribution, from the age of 60 years. The same pension would be paid to the spouse of the subscriber and on the demise of both the subscriber and spouse, the accumulated pension wealth is returned to the nominee.
Now APY can also be opened through a complete digital channel through eNPS platform. A subscriber can view and print the ePRAN card and Statement of Transactions. Further, the subscriber can register complaints/ grievance by providing his/ her PRAN details on https://npslite-nsdl.com/CRAlite/grievanceSub.do.
Growth of Atal Pension Yojana during the Previous Financial Years
|No. of Subscribers|
Related to Your Search:
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) included under Section 7 of the Aadhaar Act 2016
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) reaches 53 lakhs subscribers base
- Rs 100 crore released towards Government of India co-contribution in Atal Pension Yojana
- PFRDA Order: Incentive for mobilization and registration of subscribers under Atal Pension Yojana
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) can now be subscribed digitally
- Online Statement Of Transaction (e-SOT) and the e-PRAN card launched for Atal Pension Yojana (APY) subscribers; More than 45 lacs subscribers to be benefitted
- Voluntary exit under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) – PFRDA
- New Features Released For NPS Subscribers
- Over 69 lacs subscribers join Atal Pension Yojana with contribution of Rs. 2690 crores