All eligible Non-Gazetted Railway employees will get 78 Days wages as Bonus for this year….
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today gave its ex-post facto approval for the payment of Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) equivalent to 78 days’ wages for the financial year 2013-14 to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees.
The financial implication of payment of 78 days’ PLB to railway employees has been estimated to be Rs. 1063.38 crores. The wage calculation ceiling prescribed for payment of PLB to eligible non-gazetted Railway employees is Rs. 3500/- p.m. About 12.60 lakh non-gazetted Railway employees are likely to benefit from the decision. The PLB on Railway covers all non-gazetted Railway employees (excluding RPF/RPSF personnel) throughout the country. This year also, PLB equivalent to 78 days’ wages has been paid as a special case to motivate employees.
The Railways were the first departmental undertaking of the Government of India where the concept of PLB was introduced. The main consideration at that time was the important role of the Railways as an infrastructural support in the performance of the economy as a whole. In the overall context of Railway working, it was considered desirable to introduce the concept of PLB as against the concept of Bonus on the lines of the Payment of Bonus Act -1965. Even though the Payment of Bonus Act does not apply to the Railways, yet the broad principles contained in that Act were kept in view for the purpose of determining the “Wage/Pay Ceiling”, definition of ‘Salary’/’Wage’, etc. The PLB Scheme for the Railways came into force from the year 1979-80 onwards and was evolved in consultation with the two recognised federations, the All India Railwaymen’s Federation and National Federation of Indian Railwaymen and with the approval of the Cabinet. The scheme envisages a review every three years.
BONUS, BONUS CEILING, BONUS ORDERS, BONUS FOR NON GAZETTED EMPLOYEES, BONUS FOR RAILWAYS
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approves Productivity Linked Bonus for Railway Employees
- Bonus 2015 : Cabinet approved 78 Days for Railway Employees
- 78 Days’ PL Bonus to Railway Employees (Rs. 8975) – Cabinet Approval
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees for the financial year 2014-2015
- Grant of ad-hoc bonus for 30 days to the Group C & D RPF/RPSF personnel for the financial year 2014-2015
- 78 days Bonus for non-gazetted Railway employees – Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus 2019-20
- Railway Bonus Order: Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus(PLB) to all non-gazetted Railway employees for the Financial Year 2017-18
- Payment of Bonus Act & PLB to Railway Employees – A Brief Note By KV Ramesh
- Cabinet approves Productivity Linked Bonus for Railway Employees Payment before Dussehra/Puja Festival season Incentive to Improve Productivity and Efficiency of Railways