Nomination for Railway Employees Retirement Benefits – Procedure
1. What is the process for nomination for the purpose of payment of Provident Fund?
The Supervisor/Accounts Officer shall as soon as the account is opened, invite every subscriber to make a nomination conferring the right to receive the whole or part of the amount that may stand to his credit in the event of his death.
(i) A subscriber shall, at the time of joining the fund, make a nomination and send it to the Accounts officer, if a Gazetted Railway Servant; otherwise to his immediate supervisor.
(ii) A subscriber may in his nomination distribute the amount that may stand to his credit in the fund amongst his nominees at his own discretion.
(iii) A subscriber may provide in a nomination in respect of any specified nominee that in the event of his pre-deceasing, the subscriber, the right conferred upon that nominee shall pass to such other persons as may be specified in the nomination. The nomination shall become invalid in the event of happening of a contingency specified therein.
(iv) The nomination made by a Railway Servant who has no family at the time of making it, shall become invalid in the event of the Railway Servant subsequently acquiring a family. If, at the time of making nomination, the Railway Servant has a family, the nomination shall not be in favour of any other person, other than the members of his family.
2. Why is nomination necessary?
(i) It is in the interest of the Railway Employee himself to make timely nomination to avoid delay in the payment of settlement dues to his family in case of his/her unfortunate death while in service.
(ii) There is now a single nomination form for the purpose of Provident Fund, Death Gratuity and Group Insurance Scheme.
3. Whether nomination can be made for the purpose of Family Pension?
No nomination is required for the purpose of Family Pension under the ‘Family Pension Scheme 1964’ under which the Family Pension is payable first to Widow/Widower and then to children as per age.
Source: Indian Railways
Related to Your Search:
- Nomination Facility under CGHS for Claiming Medical Reimbursement in Event of Death of Principal CGHS Cardholder
- Proposed Common Nomination Forms for Nominations under Pension, GPF, CGEGIS, Commutation, Arrears of Pension Rules
- Retirement Benefits for Central Government Employees
- Central government employees Pension rules
- Changes in National Pension System (NPS)
- Payment of Arrears of family pension
- EPFO: Increase in Death Relief Fund in the 23rd meeting EPF CSWC
- KVS Orders – Nomination details for NPS subscribers
- NPS – Grant of Additional Benefits on death / disability of Central Government Servants covered under National Pension System