Nomination Facility under CGHS for Claiming Medical Reimbursement in Event of Death of Principal CGHS Cardholder
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has simplified the procedure by providing an option to the principal CGHS cardholder beneficiary to nominate a person to claim reimbursement of medical expenses in the event of his/her unfortunate death.
The nomination facility shall be subject to certain conditions which include – the nomination facility shall be available only to the CGHS pensioner card holders; beneficiaries who wish to exercise this option shall submit their declaration of nomination in the prescribed ‘Nomination Form’ duly filled up and complete in all respect, to the CMO In-charge of the CGHS Wellness Centre where the beneficiary is enrolled; the nomination shall be treated as valid only if the same has been entered in the CGHS database; only one person shall be allowed to be nominated as the original nominee or first nominee, and another person can also be nominated as ‘alternate nominee or second nominee’ who can claim reimbursement in case of unfortunate death of the first nominee; the principal CGHS cardholder beneficiary can nominate any natural or juristic person as his/her nominee for this purpose, whether related or unrelated to him/her; this option can be exercised at any time during the lifetime of the beneficiary. However, this option can be exercised only twice in the lifetime of the pensioner card holder; and in case, no option has been exercised during the life time of the CGHS pensioner beneficiary, the existing CGHS provision for claiming reimbursement of medical expenses, requiring submission of Affidavit by the claimant and NOCs from other legal heirs shall continue to apply.
To view the CGHS Letter dated 25 Sep, 2013 and Nomination Form: Click here
Related to Your Search:
- Procedure of Printing of CGHS Cards by CGHS Beneficiaries – CGHS Orders on 31.3.2016
- Reimbursement when Pensioners take treatment immediately after Retirement before getting CGHS Cards
- Nomination for Railway Employees Retirement Benefits – Procedure
- Renewal of CGHS plastic cards In Delhi NCR – regarding.
- How to Join CGHS after Retirement
- New Medical Reimbursement Claim (MRC) Form for CGHS beneficiaries
- CGHS Orders 2013 : Regarding tests/investigations at private hospitals / diagnostic laboratories / imaging centres empanelled under CGHS.
- Contribution for Life Time CGHS Card for Pensioners
- FMA News in 7cpc revisionist