No withdrawal of CGHS Cashless Scheme – Health Ministry
There have been reports in the Media that private hospitals on the panel of CGHS are denying credit facilities to the eligible CGHS beneficiaries for delay in settlement of hospitals bills. Lower package rates and inadmissible deductions etc. have also been reported to be the other reasons for withdrawal of agreed cashless /credit facilities.
In this regard, the CGHS beneficiaries are advised not to be guided by such misleading information. Delay in payments in the last quarter of the financial year due to budgetary constraints is not a new phenomenon and the hospitals are aware of it. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has taken special steps and the pendency is likely to be cleared within a week.
CGHS has already invited bids for revision of package rates through a transparent tender process. The last date for submission of bids is 10th March, 2014. Measures have also been taken to streamline the payment related issues in the ensuing empanelment process.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will ensure that the CGHS empanelled private hospitals continue to extend cashless /credit facilities to the eligible CGHS beneficiaries in compliance with the terms and conditions as laid down in the Memorandum of Agreement signed by them with CGHS. As per the information received by the Ministry, most of the private hospitals are continuing to extend the cashless facilities to the CGHS beneficiaries.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- CREDIT TO CGHS BENEFICIARIES IN EMPANELLED PRIVATE HOSPITALS TO CONTINUE
- CGHS: Cashless facility to CGHS Benficiaries
- CGHS – Annual Health Check-up at Hospitals empanelled under CGHS in respect of CGHS Pensioner beneficiaries aged 75 years and above
- Consultation from Specialists at CGHS empanelled hospitals in respect of CGHS beneficiaries aged 75 years and above
- Central Government Health Scheme : New Rates for Undergoing Angioplasty
- Emergency treatment in Central Government Health Scheme CGHS empanelled Hospitals
- Continuation of empanelment of private hospitals, diagnostic laboratories and imaging centres under CGHS and revalidation of CGHS package rates – regarding
- Empanelled Private Hospitals under CGHS in Delhi
- Simplification of procedure for treatment at private hospitals empanelled under CGHS/CS (MA) Rules,1944