NFIR’s Meeting with Chairman, Railway Board on 11th April, 2019
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (NFIR) Meeting with Chairman, Railway Board on 11th April, 2019
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
The General Secretaries of
Affiliated Unions of NFIR
Sub: NFIR’s Meeting with Chairman, Railway Board on 11th April, 2019-reg.
The affiliates are advised that the NFIR leaders (President, General Secretary and Joint General Secretary Shri B.C. Sharma) met Railway Board Chairman Shri V.K. Yadav on 11nd April, 2019 and discussed the subjects listed below:-
(a) LARSGESS: Need for granting appointment to the wards of safety category staff selected/medically found fit prior to 27th October, 2017.
CRB’s response: This matter is being pursued on daily basis for finding solution being legal matter wherein Legal Opinion/AG’s Opinion to be obtained for solving the problem.
NFIR however requested to see that Railway Board accords approval for appointment of wards presently waiting with anxiety.
(b) Quasi Administrative Unit Staff: CRB’s attention was invited to NFIR’s note vide No.II/1B/2018 dated 12/03/2019 and requested to see that Railway Board considers absorption of Quasi Administrative Unit Staff in view of the fact that these staff are being appointed by the management headed by Officer of the rank of not lower than JA Grade.
CRB’s response: CRB said that he will look into the matter again.
(c) Metro Railway, Kolkata – granting Zonal Railway status to RPF Department:
NFIR explained that all Departments of Metro Railway, Kolkata are functioning independently under the overall control of General Manager, Metro Railway while the RPF Department of Metro Railway is continued to be part of Eastern Railway and in this context NFIR conveyed that the General Manager, Metro Railway, Kolkata also wrote to Railway Board to accord independent Zonal Railway status to RPF wing of Metro Railway, Kolkata.
CRB has assured to take necessary action for treating RPF Department as independent Zonal Railway Organization under the command of PCSC, Metro Railway, Kolkata and under the overall control of General Manager, Metro Railway.
(d) Deployment of RPF Ministerial Staff to other Departments on option basis as per their request – implementation of the decision arrived at in the Joint Meeting:
NFIR reminded the CRB of its letter dated 11/02/2019 and back round of the case with request to give approval.
CRB said that the papers are with him and matter is under consideration.
Above is for information of affiliates for conveying to the field staff.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Next PNM Meeting between NFIR and Railway Board
- Admissibility of House Rent Allowance in the event of non-acceptance or surrender of railway residential accommodation
- Transfer policy causing difficulties to Group ‘C’ staff
- Harmonization of the cadre structure of Medical Laboratory Staff of Indian Railways with those in Central Government Hospitals
- Absorption of Diploma Holder as JE-II Case of Diploma Holder progressmen working in RE Organization
- LAP – Accumulation of Earned Leave / Leave on Average Pay beyond the ceiling of 300 days
- Provision of cooking facilities and other amenities in the Rest Rooms for Ticket Checking Staff on Indian Railways
- Award to Railway Staff for Accident Free Service
- Payment of Over Time arrears to the staff promoted to higher Grade Pay posts under cadre restructuring w.e.f. 01/11/2013