Minutes of the 48th meeting of the National Council (JCM) held on 26.06.2021 vide DoP&T OM No.3/4/2021-JCA dated 14th July 2021
5.12. Item No. NC-48/6 / 21: Withdrawal of orders of DA/ DR freeze (DoE).
Leader, Staff Side, stated that the 32 lakh Central Government Employees and 50 lakh pensioners have been affected by this decision of the Government and there is a need to immediately release the next instalment of DA/ DR and arrears from 01.01.2020. He said that it was a drastic decision to pause DA/ DR for one and half year & that more than 80% of the serving employees as well as pensioners are low paid and are worst hit by this decision.
Shri Guman Singh, Member, Staff Side stated that while the Government has decided to freeze the DA/ DR in a situation when the cost of living is increasing rapidly, causing increased hardship to the employees.
Shri Sadhoo Singh, Member, Staff Side, stated that the retired staff has been specially hit hard by the freeze of DA/ DR.
Shri J.R. Bhosle, Member, Staff Side, also spoke regarding the need to roll back the Government’s decision in this regard.
Secretary, Staff Side, mentioned that the Hon’ble MoS, Finance made a commitment to release the withheld three instalments of DA/ DR (due from 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020, and 01.01.2021) on the Door of the Parliament which sought to be honoured.
Addl. Secretary (Pers.) , DoE informed that the decision to withhold three instalment s of DA/ DR was taken with the approval of the Cabinet, as per which, arrears are not to be paid. Chairman stated that the decision was taken by the Government in view of difficult circumstances faced due to the Pandemic and extremely heavy burden on the exchequer to deal with the various requirements such as vaccination, development of infrastructure etc. He assured that the Government is fully sensitive to the difficulties being faced by the employees and the pensioners and that a decision in this regard would be taken by the competent authority in due course.
Decision: The chairman informed that the matter will be placed before the Competent Authority for an appropriate decision as early as possible.
Related to Your Search:
- Nomination of Shri.M.S.Raja as a Staff Side Member of Standing Committee of National Council (JCM) – Dopt Order
- STANDING COMMITTEE MEMBERS, STAFF SIDE NATIONAL COUNCIL JCM, REPRESENTING CONFEDERATION DISAGREE AND DISOWN THE STATEMENT OF SRI. SHIV GOPAL MISRA, SECRETARY, STAFF SIDE, NATIONAL COUNCIL JCM
- Federal Executive meeting – Urging the Government to withdraw the decision of DA/ DR freeze
- Confederation strongly oppose to withdraw the DA & DR freezing orders of Central Government Employees
- Minutes of the meeting of the Sub – Committee-III to suggest measures for streamlining implementation of the National Pension System (NPS) held on 10.02.2017
- JCM Staff Side Meeting with 7th Pay Commission – Discussion about DA Merger and Interim Relief
- State Bank of India released arrears worth Rs 1,465 crore to 7.75 lakh defence pensioners under One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme
- 7th CPC anomaly committee latest news Settle all 7th CPC Anomalies represented by the Staff
- AIDEF REQUEST FOR EXTENDING TO THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES & PENSIONERS BY RELEASING ADDITIONAL DA/DR DUE FROM 01/01/2020