Narendra Modi will launch three ambitious Social Security Schemes pertaining to the insurance and pension sector on 9th May 2015
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will launch three ambitious Social Security Schemes pertaining to the insurance and pension sector on 9th May 2015 at Kolkata.
This would be a path breaking initiative towards providing affordable universal access to essential social security protection in a convenient manner linked to auto-debit facility from the bank account of the subscriber. The two insurance schemes to be launched, namely Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY would provide insurance cover in the unfortunate event of death by any cause/death or disability due to an accident respectively , whereas the pension scheme, Atal Pension Yojana (APY), would address old age income security needs. The convenient delivery mechanism of the schemes is expected to address the situation of very low coverage of life/accident insurance and old age income security products in the country.
Besides the launch function at Kolkatta, simultaneous launch functions of the Schemes will also be held at 116 locations in the Capital and other major centres of the different States and at District Headquarters. Chief Ministers and Union Ministers will attend the functions at various locations in the country. Senior Union Ministers including the Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh (Lucknow), Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley (Mumbai), External Affairs Minister Smt. Sushma Swaraj (Bhopal), Urban Development and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Shri Venkaiah Naidu (Varanasi), Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution Minister Shri Ramvilas Paswan(Patna), Road Transport and Highways Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari (Bhagalpur), Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(Independent Charge) Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy (Delhi), Health and Family Welfare Minister Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda (Shimla), Minority Affairs Minister Smt. Najma Heptulla (Srinagar), Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Shri Ananth Kumar (Bengaluru), Minister of State for Commerce and Industry (Independent Charge) Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman (Thiruvanthapuram), Agriculture Minister Shri Radhamohan Singh (Chennai), Minister of State for Power and Coal (Independent Charge) Shri Piyush Goyal (Coimbatore) and Minister of State for Minority and Parliamentary Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi (Allahabad) will attend the launch functions among others at these locations.
Related to Your Search:
- Insurance coverage to PMJDY Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana account holders
- Launching of Minimum Pension Scheme (Rs.1000) across 120 locations in India
- Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess
- Social Security Schemes
- Cashless health insurance for elderly likely in Budget
- One lakh benefitted under PMJAY health insurance scheme in one month of its launch
- Relief to Senior Citizens: Exemption of Interest Income on deposits increased to Rs 50,000
- President appoints Cabinet Ministers, Ministers of State (Independent Charge) and Ministers of State
- Encouraging Railway Employees to enrol themselves under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna (PMSBY) and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna (PMJJBY)