Modernization of government offices
The modernization, computerization & digitization of paper based records is a continuous ongoing process in the Government of India. The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DAR&PG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions does not maintain any centralized data/information relating to it. However, as part of an overall process of administrative reforms, the DAR&PG has been implementing a scheme for ‘Modernization of Central Government Offices’ based in Delhi since year 1987-88. Under the scheme funds are released by DAR&PG for financing 75% costs of the modernization projects, which involves civil & electrical works and acquisition of furniture, computers & electronic office equipment. Till date DAR&PG has extended financial assistance of Rs.72.40 crore for 453 modernization proposals.
The DAR&PG has the mandate to implement e-Office in all Central Ministries/Departments. As on 15.11.2016, 9 Central Ministries/Departments are on 100% e-Office platform, 14 additional Ministries/Departments are going to be 100% e-Office by 31.12.2016 and further 32 Ministries/Departments by 31st March, 2017. This also is a continuous ongoing exercise.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Dr. Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question by Shri M. Chandrakasi in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Modernization of Service Book
- Non-Acceptance of Self-Attested Documents by Government officials – Minister’s Reply in Parliament
- Redresasal of Public Grievances & CPGRAMS
- Grievance Officer to take up public complaints every Wednesday
- Implementation of recommendations of Administrative Reforms Commission
- Dr Jitendra Singh to present Certificates of Appreciation to 9 ministries/departments for implementation of e-Office tomorrow
- Central Government Offices to go for Paperless Office
- Performance Related Incentive Scheme (PRIS) – Pecuniary Benefit for Central Government Employees
- Dr Jitendra Singh awards Certificates of Appreciation to the Ministries/Departments for their performance in CPGRAMS