CSD- At present no change in the ceiling limit is proposed.
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Ceiling for purchasing goods in military canteens has been prescribed taking into account the budgetary allocation to the Canteen Stores Department (CSD) by the Government, actual need / requirement of the individual and their purchasing power. For ceiling purpose the officials have been divided into 5 categories as mentioned under:-
||Ranks & Category||Grocery(Rs.)||Against Firm Demand(Rs.)||Liquor(Units)|
|(i)||Lt Gen & above & equivalent||7,500||95,000||14|
|(ii)||Brig to Maj Gen & equivalent||7,500||95,000||12|
|(iii)||Lt to Col & equivalent||7,500||95,000||10|
|(v)||Sep to Hav& equivalent||3,500||40,000||05|
The ceiling was revised on 21st August 2006 and again on 27th October 2008 to be effective from 1st January 2009. At present no change in the ceiling limit is proposed.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to ShriKeshav Prasad Maurya in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Ceiling limit for purchasing goods in CSD canteens
- CSD FAQ: Canteen Stores Department INDIA – AGAINST FIRM DEMAND (AFD)
- Bonus Ceiling – NFIR writes to Railway Minister to remove of calculation ceiling for the purpose of payment of productivity Linked Bonus (PLB)
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees for the financial year 2013-2014.
- 7th CPC Central Government has rejected the main demand for higher Military Service Pay for Junior Commissioned Officers
- Pay Rules / Regulations 2017 for Army / Navy / Air force officers, MNS, JCOs / OR & Equivalent for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
- CSD Canteen FAQ
- After 7th Pay Commission salary hikes, move on to raise minimum wage ceiling under EPF
- Canteen Stores Department (CSD) facility is applicable to serving and retired personnel of Defence Forces and not to Para-Military