Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay w.e.f. April 1, 2004
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay w.e.f. 01/04/2004 – Computation of emoluments of Running Staff for granting retirement benefits -reg.
Ref: (i) NFIR’s PNM Item No. 23/2017.
(ii) GM/N. Rly’s letter No. 720/ EW/Misc/ Union-Items/2015/E.IV/ Loose dated 16/11/2015.
(iii) Railway Board’s letter No. E(P&A)II-2014/RS-24 dated 24/08/2016 addressed to General Manager (P), Northern Railway.
(iv) NFIR’s letter No. IV/RSAC/ Conf/Part VII dated 05/09/2016.
(v) Railway Board’s letters No. E(P&A)II-2014/ RS-24 dated 22/07/2016, 04/10/2016 & 17/10/2016.
(vi) NFIR’s letter No. IV/RSAC/ 2018 dated 16/08/2019.
Federation invites kind attention of the Railway Board to the minutes of special meeting held between NFIR representatives and EDPC-I, Railway Board on 04/06/2019 relating to PNM Agenda Item No. 23/2017. When Federation explained the case and urged that the instructions issued by Northern Railway vide letter dated 16/01/2015 to its Divisions be restored and accordingly conveyed to Zonal Railways, the Official Side agreed to consider and take action for issuing clarificatory instructions. But however, there has been no positive action despite several months.passed.
This subject has again been discussed by NFIR with EDPC-I on 27/01/2020 and with EDFE on 05/02/2020 who agreed to issue clarification to the General Manager, Northern Railway for restoration and implementation of earlier instructions dated 16/11/2015. Though more than a month has passed, the clarification has not been issued yet, while the PNM item is pending since over 2 and 1/2 years.
NFIR, once again requests the Railway Board to kindly issue clarification to the General Manager, Northern Railway for restoration of his instructions dated 16/11/2015, duly endorsing copy to the Zonal Railways and to the Federation.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Merger of DA with the Basic Pay and calculation of the running Staff distributing pension retirement benefits
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay – Computation of emoluments of Running Staff for granting retirement benefits
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Additional Allowance granted to Loco Pilot (Mail), Loco Pilot (Passenger) and Mail Guard for the purpose of computation of retirement benefits to Running Staff
- Admissibility of House Rent Allowance in the event of non-acceptance or surrender of railway residential accommodation
- Absorption of Diploma Holder as JE-II Case of Diploma Holder progressmen working in RE Organization
- Reckoning service for entitlement of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes
- Provision of cooking facilities and other amenities in the Rest Rooms for Ticket Checking Staff on Indian Railways
- Pay element in the case of Loco Inspectors – 30% addition to 7th CPC pay matrix for retirement benefits