Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDS) in the Department of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001.
Dated: the 27th June, 2018
Subject: Introduction of Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDS) in the Department of Posts.
The undersigned is directed to convey the approval of the Competent Authority for introduction of the Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDSs) in Department of Posts.
2. This OM will supersede all earlier orders in respect of Maternity Leave for female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDS).
3. Introduction of Maternity Leave for female GDS.
i. Female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDSs) with less than two surviving children may be granted maternity leave by an authority competent to grant leave for a period of 180 days from the date of its commencement.
ii. During such period, she shall be paid TRCA drawn plus Dearness Allowance immediately before proceeding on leave.
iii. Maternity leave not exceeding 45 days may also be granted to female Gramin Dak Sevaks (irrespective of the number of surviving children) during the entire service of that female GDSs in case of miscarriage including abortion on production of medical certificate issued by a Government Medical Practitioner.
iv. Maternity leave may be combined with paid leave. Maternity leave shall not be debited against the paid leave account.
4. This OM will take effect from 01.07.2018.
5. This issues in consultation with Department of Personnel and Training vide their ID No. 14029/1/2017-Estt (L) dated 01.01.2018.
(S. V. Rao)
Related to Your Search:
- Female GDS Employees – Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks in the Department of Posts
- Withdrawal of Financial assistance for maternity grant to Female GDS on introduction Maternity leave in the Department of Posts
- GDS: Maximum 5 Days Emergency Leave for Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Compulsory Paid Leave During Pregnancy
- Maternity leave DoPT Order: Rule 43, which makes provision for maternity, for the sake of convenience
- Grant of Child Adoption Leave of 180 days to female BSNL employees and extension of the facility of paternity Leave to adoptive fathers
- Leave Rules for Railway Apprentices / Trainees
- Will the 7th CPC Extend Child Care Leave for Male Employees Too?
- Maternity Leave (ML) for Railway Employees