PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
May 22, 2013
All POP’s, Aggreators, CRA, Central and State Governments,
Dear Sir Madam,
Sub: 1. KYC documents required for entry & exit of National Pension System – Addendum.
2. Making PAN Card a Mandatory requirement for opening and operation of Tier II account
Pursuant to PFRDA’s earlier circular no PFRDA/2013/1/PDEX/25 dated 11.01.2013 with respect to revised list of Know Your Customer (KYC) documents required for both entry and exit under National Pension System, it has been decided to include below mentioned documents in addition to the acceptable KYC documentation, on the basis of feedback received from various entities registered under NPS:
|Identification Proof||Identity card issued by Central/State government and its Departments, Statuary/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks, Public Financial Institutions, Colleges affiliated to Universities and Professional Bodies such as ICAI, ICWAI, lCSl, Bar Council etc.|
|Address Proof||The identity card/document with address, issued by any of the following: Central / State Government and its Departments, Statuary/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Schedules Commercial Banks, Public Financial Institution for their employees.|
2. It has also been decided to make submission of PAN Card a mandatory requirement for opening and operation of a Tier II account for all sectors under NPS with immediate effect to ensure compliance with AML/CFT guidelines.
In pursuance of this, all existing Tier II accounts under NPS need to be made PAN compliant. The subscribers would be given a time period of 3 months from the date of issuance of this circular, after which the operation of such account would be suspended till the requirement is complied with.
This is for the information of all concerned. The circular has also been placed on PFRDA website at http://www.pfrda.org.in and CRA website at http://www.npscra.nsdl.co.in.
Related to Your Search:
- Revised list of Kow your customer (KYC) documents required fer both entry and exit under National Pension System (NPS)
- Ministry of Railways approves digital Aadhaar and Driving Licence from Digital Locker as proof of identity of passengers for undertaking journey by Train
- Dispensing with the requirement of submission of physical application form in case of NPS account being opened on Aadhaar verification followed by e-Signature
- Accepting of E-Aadhaar as Prescribed Proof of Identity for Reserved Journey
- What is the procedure to change the 500, 1000 notes through representative ?
- NPS – Simplification of Withdrawal process and Documentary requirement for the Government subscriber
- Master Circular on Product design and Exit from National Pension System (NPS)
- Provision of carrying of ID proof during journey on reserved tickets
- DoP – Physical presence of witnesses at the time of acceptance of deceased claim case