Make Sports a Compulsory Subject in Schools and give marks for it: Sports Minister Vijay Goel
The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs and Sports, Shri Vijay Goel has said that to impart the desired importance to sports , it is essential that sports is made a compulsory subject at the school level and marks are given to students for their involvement in sports activities. Addressing the 64th meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) here today he said, this is also essential to deal with the growing incidence of diabetes and other non-communicable diseases among children. The Minister said that for realizing the full potential of sports, it is essential that we take effective steps to promote it in educational institutions without any further delay.
Shri Goel emphasized that every educational institution should have access to a playfield and basic sports facilities. Such institutions which do not have these facilities should tie up with neighbouring institutions. He said, physical education teachers should be engaged by every school. Standard guidelines should be framed and issued for admission under sports quota, relaxation to sportspersons from attendance and appearance in examinations.
Related to Your Search:
- Compulsory Yoga/Games in high school level
- Promotion of Sports – Lok Sabha
- Medal Winners of RIO Olympics/Paralympics 2016 receive cash award from Sports Minister Vijay Goel
- Promotion of Womens Sports and Games
- No GST on Annual subscription/fees charged as lodging/boarding charges by educational institutions from its students for hostel accommodation
- Whether the Government proposes to construct new Kendriya Vidyalayas KV schools at Jharkhand
- Amendment in essential qualification for Recruitment of Primary Teachers in KVS
- Relaxation in minimum education qualification norms for recruitment of Sportspersons
- 20% teachers posts vacant in higher educational institutions