MACP to teaching staff of KVs
One of the conditions for grant of Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) scheme is that the earlier Assured Career Progression (ACP) scheme should have been implemented / adopted by the autonomous / statutory body. Since Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) had themselves chosen not to opt the earlier ACP scheme for their teaching staff, the question of grant of MACP to teaching staff does not arise.
Senior Scale will be granted to the teaching staff of KVS after completion of 12 years service in the respective cadre and Selection Scale will be granted after completion of 12 years service in the senior scale. However, the number of posts in the selection scale for the teaching staff will be restricted to 20% of the number of posts in the senior scale of the respective cadre.
The Senior Scale and Selection Scale will be given after screening regarding their satisfactory performance by an appropriate Departmental Promotion Committee.
Selection scale will be granted to Primary School Teachers (PRTs) and Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs) subject to their attainment of higher qualification laid down for TGTs and Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs) respectively. However, this condition has been waived off for the miscellaneous categories of teachers of KVS.
KVS has informed that all the teachers are getting their Senior Scale in time, though some teachers may not eventually get the Selection Scale due to non-fulfilment of the prescribed criteria for the same or their retirements preceding the date of eligibility.
Having regard to the prescribed criteria for grant of selection scale, the details of eligible teachers during the current year, post-wise, is as under:-
|Name of the Post||For grant of Senior Scale||For grant of Selection Scale|
|Misc. Categories of teachers||12||325|
KVS has informed that representations had been received from recognized staff associations for waiving off the condition of 20% for grant of Selection Scale to teachers and these representations have been considered and disposed off from time to time. No fresh proposal is under examination in this regard.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shri Upendra Kushwaha in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 15.3.2018.
Related to Your Search:
- KVS is not granting MACP Scheme to teachers of KVs…
- KVS Recruitment 2017: 1017 Vacant Post of Officers, Librarian and Non-Teaching Staff
- Extending the benefit of financial upgradation under MACPS to Railway School Teachers
- MACP Scheme to Teachers of KVS
- 7th CPC Arrears: 30% of Arrears for Non-Teaching Staff of Central Universities
- Benefit of MACP Scheme to Railway School Teachers – AIRF
- Grant of Grade Pay Rs.6600/PB-3 to Nursing personnel i.e. staff Nurses/Nursing Sister/Matron/Chief Matron under 3rd MACP
- KVS Order: Compensatory Leave to the teaching staff of KVs
- 7th CPC Pay Scale for railway teaching staff PGT, TGT, PST Railway Schools