MACP Scheme in 7th CPC – Enhancement of benchmark from “Good” to “Very Good” : CAG Circular
MACP Scheme in 7th CPC
Circular No: 20-Staff Wing/2018
No. 699-Staff (Entt.-I)/52(Part.II)-2018
OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER &
AUDITOR GENERAL OF INDIA
9, DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA MARG,
NEW DELHI – 110 124
DATE: 05 JUL 2018
1. All the Heads of Department in IA&AD,
As per mailing list (except overseas Audit Offices),
2. Director General (Commercial-I)-Local,
3. Principal Director (Headquarters)-Local.
Subject: Enhancement of benchmark from “Good” to “Very Good” for grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme.
Attention is invited to Department of Personnel and Training’s O.M No. 35034/3/2015-Estt.(D) dated 28.09.2016 whereby the benchmark for grant of financial upgradation under MACP has been enhanced to “Very Good” with effect from 25.04.2016.
2. In this regard, various references are being received regarding the applicability of O.M dated 28.09.2016 for determining the eligibility for grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme by the Departmental Screening Committee.
3. The matter was taken up with the Ministry and it has been clarified that the aforesaid O.M dated 28.09.2016 is applicable with effect from 25.07.2016 i.e the date of issue of Government Resolution by the Department of Expenditure. Therefore, in cases where MACP falls due on or after 25.07.2016, the revised benchmark of “Very Good” is to be followed. In other words, the overall grading of the APARs reckonable for grant of MACP should be at least “Very Good”.
Read also: Clarification on applicability of “Very Good” benchmark for financial upgradation under MACPS and consideration of “Good” benchmark for the previous years before 25.07.2016
4. Regarding assessing the ‘overall grading’ of APARs, it has been clarified that guidelines/instructions issued by DoP&T with regard to method of assessment by Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) are applicable in cases of Departmental Screening Committee (DSC) for grant of financial upgradations under ACP/MACP Schemes. Hence, the principle adopted by DPCs for arriving at “Overall grading” (“Very Good” in case of MACP) may be adopted by the DSC also.
5. It is, therefore, requested that grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme may be processed in light of the above clarification.
6. Receipt of this circular may please be acknowledged.
Assistant Comptroller & Auditor General (N)
Related to Your Search:
- Benchmark for financial upgradation under MACP clarification
- MACP guidance as per recommendations of the 7th CPC
- Clarification on applicability of Very Good benchmark for financial upgradation under MACPS and consideration of Good benchmark for the previous years before 25.07.2016
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Implementation of the 7th CPC Recommendation Clarification regarding revised benchmark of “Very Good” of APAR grading
- 7th CPC Clarification -Prescribed Benchmark while considering MACPs to Non-Gazetted Staff
- ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good’ – 7th CPC enhancing the performance level for MACP and Regular Promotion
- MACP – Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Railways Employees
- Application of Very Good bench mark for grant of Financial upgradation under MACPS
- Benchmark for promotion to administrative grades in Railway Services