GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 960
ANSWERED ON 09.02.2018
LOCO RUNNING STAFF
960. SHRI C.P. NARAYANAN:
Will the Minister of RAILWAYS be pleased to state:
(a) the number of loco running staff in Railways at present;
(b) their average work load per week;
(c) the maximum hours of continuous work they have to do in a week;
(d) how much increase in their emoluments have been given during the last three years; and
(e) how do they compare with emoluments of other railway staff?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(SHRI RAJEN GOHAIN)
(a) to (e): A Statement is laid on the Table of the House.
STATEMENT REFERRED TO IN REPLY TO PARTS (a) TO (e) OF UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 960 BY SHRI C.P. NARAYANAN ANSWERED IN RAJYA SABHA ON 09.02.2018 REGARDING LOCO RUNNING STAFF
(a) As on 01.04.2017, over Zonal Railways, total number of employed staff in loco running category is 87196.
(b) & (c) As per the provision of the Railways Act, 1989 and the Railway Servants (Hours of Work & Period of Rest) Rules, 2005, Loco running staff on the Railways are classified as ‘Continuous’ and as such, their rostered hours of work is 54 hours a week on an average in a two-weekly period of 14 days.
(d) & (e) After the Seventh CPC (Central Pay Commission) recommendations, the basic pay of the non-running staff has been increased by a multiplication factor of 2.57 with effect from 01.01.2016 and then fixed in the appropriate cell of the relevant Level in the Seventh CPC pay matrix, while for the running staff the multiplication factor of 2.945 was used. Further, the actual raise in the pay of the running staff has been ensured at a minimum of 14.29 percent with the Ministry of Finance (MoF) concurrence. This has resulted in an effective multiplication factor of around 3.01 for Running Staff. The running staff also get allowances like Dearness Allowance and House Rent Allowance on the basic pay enhanced by 30%.
Source : Rajya Sabha
Related to Your Search:
- Loco running staff as on April 2017 is 87196
- Extension of working hours of Central Government employees
- 7th Pay Commission multiplication factor – Government has no proposal to increase it to 3 – Finance Minister
- Railways – Resumption of duty by Loco Running Staff after availing periodic rest or leave – Booking of Running Staff
- Pay element relating to Running Staff/Loco Inspectors after the recommendations of 7th CPC
- Implications of implementation of 7th Pay Commission
- Implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC Fitment Factor and Pay Fixation for Running Staff
- Increase of fitment factor under 7th CPC
- A Crucial Indicator for determining the Basic Pay of 7th Pay Commission- Multiplication Factor