Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Dated: 15 JAN 2021
Government Notifies the List of Posts Identified Suitable for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities on 4th January 2021 notified 3566 posts in Central Government establishments as suitable for persons with benchmark disabilities (disability of 40% and above) under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
These posts include 1046 in Group A, 515 in Group B, 1724 in Group C, and 281 in Group D posts. Posts have also been identified suitable for new categories of persons with disabilities such as dwarfism, acid attack victims, muscular dystrophy, autism spectrum disorder, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, mental illness, and multiple disabilities have been added. This list is not an exhaustive one and Central Ministries/ Department/ Autonomous Bodies and Public Sector Undertakings may further supplement. This notification will broaden the scope for employment for persons with benchmark disabilities in Government establishments.
A list of 2973 posts identified suitable for persons with benchmark disabilities was last notified on 29.07.2013 in terms of the repealed Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunity, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995. As compared to the earlier notified list, 593 new posts have been added.
The list of posts notified by the Central Government on 04.01.2021 is based on the recommendations of an expert committee constituted under the chairpersonship of the Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities and consisting experts, persons with benchmark disabilities, and representatives from various associations of persons with disabilities.
Details of the list are available on the website of the Department. Notification is also available on http://egazette.nic.in/.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Divyangjan – List of posts for people with benchmark disabilities identified to be reserved
- Constitution of a Committee in the Department of Posts to identify GDS posts suitable for benchmark feasibility prescribed in Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016
- FAQ on reservations for disabled persons in Central Government posts / services
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) for recruitment from open market – List of posts identified suitable for them- regarding.
- DoPT Reservation for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
- Identification of jobs/posts for persons with Disabilities- review thereof.
- Welfare Measures for Persons with Disabilities
- EPFO – Identified benchmark disabilities for posts suitable for Persons with Disability in Group ‘A’, Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ cadres
- Government notifies law on rights of persons with disabilities