Limited Transfer for GDS Employees
No.17-31 2016 -.GDS
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi -110001
Subject: Limited Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS Employees).
The undersigned is directed to convey approval of Competent Authority on the following guidelines to regulate the Limited Transfer facility of Gramin Dak Sevaks in supersesaion of ail previous orders:-
1. Conditions of Transfer
(i) The maximum number of chances to. be provided for male GDSs is ONE only and TWO for female GDSs.
(ii) The transfer will be at his/her own request and own cost to a vacant post at his/her place of choice to his/ her/ spouse home village or home division or a place recommended for medical treatment.
(iii) A minimum engagement period of TWO years from the date of regular engagement on GDS Post will be mandatory for male GDS Employees before transfer requests can be entertained.
(iv) A minimum engagement period of ONE year from the date of regular engagement on GDS post will be mandatory for female GDS.
(v) For PwD GDS and GDS having PwD dependents/Mentally retarded dependents, a minimum engagement period of ONE year from the date of regular engagement on GDS Post will be mandatory.
(vi) ‘Transfer request of GDS who are under put off duty or against whom any disciplinary action, Police case or Court case is pending will not be entertained.
(vi) Past engagement period will be counted for assessing the eligibility for appearing in departmental examination as well as for annual increment. GDS will not have any claim to go back to the previous engagement /recruitment Unit/Division in any circumstances.
(viii) When a GDS is transferred at higher own request and the transfer is approved by the competent authority, she/he will rank junior in the seniority list of the new unit, to all the GDS of that unit who exist in the seniority list on the date on which the transfer is ordered. except in case of transfer within the same engagement/recruitment Sub Division/Unit /Division.
(ix) Mutual Exchange facility can be provided to all GDS on completion of ONE year (for Female GDS) and TWO years (for Male GDS) engagement period as the case may be.
(x) The GDS can be transferred on his/her request in following circumstances:-
- (a) BPM Level 2 to BPM Level-2 in TRCA slab 3
- (b) BPM Level-1 to BPM Level-1 in TRCA slab-2.
- (c) ABPM/ Dak Sevaks Level-2 to ABPM/ Dak Sevaks Level-2 in TRCA stab-2.
- (d) ABPM/ Dak Sevaks Level-1 to ABPM/ Dak Sevaks Level-1 in TRCA slab-1.
- (e) BPM Level-1 to ABPM/ Dak Sevak Level-2 (Postal/RMS) in same TRCA slab.
- (f) ABPM/ Dak Sevak Level-2 (Postal) to BPM Level-1 in the same TRCA slab provided that, the GDS has to make accommodation arrangement for managing BO as per standard prescribed for BO and fulfilling the condition of educational qualification. Computer certificate etc. prescribed by the Department from time to time. Before joining as BPM Level-1, he/she has to undergo prescribed training for BPM.
- (g) Request transfer of ABPM/Dak Sevak from Postal to RMS in the same TRCA stab.
- (h) ‘Transfer from RMS to Postal i.e. from Dak Sevak to ABPM/Dak Sevak in the same TRCA level. However, Dak Sevak from RMS should not be transferred to Postal Dn as BPM.
(xi) There will not be any drop in TRCA slab on account of a request transfer and numbers of increments earned by GDS will be retained
(xii) All request transfers are to be considered subject to condition that verification formalities viz (Caste, Education and Police verification report etc.) should have been completed.
2. Competent Authority
The transfer of GDS will be approved by Regional PMG, if the transfer is within the Region and by the Head of the Circle, if the transfer is within the Circle The approval of two concerned Head of Circle will be required, if the transfer is between two Circles.
3. Process of Transfer
- (i) Application for transfer should be called for during April -June of every year.
- (ii) An application will be submitted to the Divisional Head on a prescribed Proforma attached herewith as Annexure-I. The application will be submitted through the head of the recruitment/ engagement Unit/ Division duly recommended.
- (iii) Divisional Head will submit all the applications to approving authority through proper channel with factual report and recommendations.
- (iv) A separate register in prescribed Proforma attached herewith as Annexure-II is to be maintained at Circle Office/Regional Office/Divisional Office for recording transfer requests of all categories of GDS.
- (v) All the applications received will be arranged in order of seniority from the date of engagement of GDS and the orders for transfer may be issued during July.
4. The above instructions will come into effect from the date of issue of this O.M.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (GDS-PCC)
Related to Your Search:
- GDS – Limited Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (DoP)
- Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
- GDS Transfer Latest News Conditions of GDS Transfer – Limited Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Revised eligibility criteria for engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) posts
- Rule 9 Minor and Major penalties of GDS Conduct and Engagement Rules for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks – GDS
- GDS – Kamlesh Chandra Committee on ‘Schedule of Engaging Authority for BPMs and ABPMs/ Dak Sevaks under Rule 31 of GDS Rules for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks
- GDS – Revised cash conveyance limits for Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Cabinet approves Revision in the wage structure and allowances of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) of the Department of Posts
- GDS: Implementation of recommendations of One-man committee on wages and allowances of Gramin Dak Sevaks