LIC Policies – Life Insurance Corporation of India
Ministry of Finance
10 FEB 2020
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) Corporation works actively to provide a bouquet of life insurance products to meet the needs of different social strata. This was stated in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today by Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, the Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs.
This has helped LIC to retain its market share of 70.52 percent in the premium for the first year and 75.64 percent in policy terms as of 31.12.2019 (provisional figures) making it a dominant player. The Words Assurance, Endowment, Whole Life, Money Back, Children Specific, Women Specific, Micro Insurance, Unit-Linked and Pension policies are part of the product line, inter-alia.
To give more details, the Minister of State reported that LIC had recruited 1,14,114 agents and 4,374 development officers during the current financial year up to 31.12.2019. This recruitment drive coupled with the Corporation’s creative marketing strategies and a growth rate of 17.81 per cent of policies sold until 31.12.2019 is expected to enable LIC to cross three crore thresholds during the current fiscal year.
Shri Thakur said that LIC is constantly striving to deliver attractive products / features including the provision of higher surrender value; extension of the recovery period from two years to five years; option to take advantage of death in instalments and option to take advantage of maturity in installments (Settlement Option) etc.
Inputs from PIB
Related to Your Search:
- All Insurance Companies are selling their policies online – IRDA
- New Norms for Life Insurance Products
- PFRDA Orders : Empanelment of Annuity Service Providers (ASPs) under National Pension System for providing annuity services
- Representation of Bank and Insurance Employees
- Revision of salaries and allowances of the employees of LIC
- 5 Day Week in LIC: 2nd and 4th Saturdays as Holiday to LIC Employees
- MOU on Defence Salary Package Signed between Indian Army and Corporation Bank
- Expansion of ESI Hospital Services
- Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana – 2017