As on 01.04.2015 the Defence Accounts Department is servicing 24.61 lakhs pensioners, spread across the country.
The category wise details of pensioners is as under:
|Sl.No.||Category||Number of Pensioners|
The details of pensioners drawing pension from various PDAs is summarized as under:
|Sl.No.||Name of PDA||Number of Pensioners||Percentage|
|1.||Public/ Private Sector Banks||18,42,092||74.83|
On an average 45,000 Defence Forces personnel and Defence civilians retire every year and become part of pensioners’ strength. While working out the data‐base of pensioners as on a given date, average wastages out of the pensioners’ data base are worked out to arrive at the number of Defence pensioners on a particular date.
The Defence pensioners are spread over the length and breadth of the country. The major pockets having concentration of Defence pensioners are states of Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Kerala among others.
The Zone/State wise details of pensioners is enclosed in the accompanying Annexure – ‘A’.
Further, around 4.60 lakhs pensioners drawing pension from 63 Defence Pension Disbursement offices, which are also mapped in the accompanying Annexure – ‘B’.
Related to Your Search:
- Strength of Central Government Pensioners as on 01.01.2014
- Defence Pensioners: Pension Disbursing Agencies have started releasing the 7th CPC arrears due to the pensioners
- Number of Sainik Schools currently functional in the country, State/ UT-wise – Defence
- Revision of PPOs of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners use of e-scroll for retrieving information from Banks – reg.
- Employees Pension Scheme Amendment Scheme 2020
- Implementation of Digital Life Certificate Programme i.r.o. Defence civilians and Defence civilian pensioners
- Defence Pension Adalat held at Lucknow during the month of Aug 12
- Issue of Pension Slip to Defence Pensioners/family pensioners: PCDA
- Details on Freedom Fighters Pension: Reply by Government in Lok Sabha