As on 01.04.2015 the Defence Accounts Department is servicing 24.61 lakhs pensioners, spread across the country.
The category wise details of pensioners is as under:
|Sl.No.||Category||Number of Pensioners|
The details of pensioners drawing pension from various PDAs is summarized as under:
|Sl.No.||Name of PDA||Number of Pensioners||Percentage|
|1.||Public/ Private Sector Banks||18,42,092||74.83|
On an average 45,000 Defence Forces personnel and Defence civilians retire every year and become part of pensioners’ strength. While working out the data‐base of pensioners as on a given date, average wastages out of the pensioners’ data base are worked out to arrive at the number of Defence pensioners on a particular date.
The Defence pensioners are spread over the length and breadth of the country. The major pockets having concentration of Defence pensioners are states of Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Kerala among others.
The Zone/State wise details of pensioners is enclosed in the accompanying Annexure – ‘A’.
Further, around 4.60 lakhs pensioners drawing pension from 63 Defence Pension Disbursement offices, which are also mapped in the accompanying Annexure – ‘B’.
Related to Your Search:
- Strength of Central Government Pensioners as on 01.01.2014
- Defence Pensioners: Pension Disbursing Agencies have started releasing the 7th CPC arrears due to the pensioners
- Employees Pension Scheme: Details of subscribers and amount distributed
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is the guaranteed Pension Scheme of Government of India administered by PFRDA
- CGHS Ayurvedic dispensaries – Exclusive State wise report
- Number of Mobile Connections in India as on Feb-2013
- Issue of Pension Slip to Defence Pensioners/family pensioners: PCDA
- Defence Pension Adalat held at Lucknow during the month of Aug 12
- Revision of PPOs of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners use of e-scroll for retrieving information from Banks – reg.