F. No. A-26017/214/2017-Ad. HA
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise and Customs
North Block, New Delhi,
Dated the 14th July, 2021
All Cadre Controlling Authorities
Subject: Clarification regarding counting of service rendered by Inspectors on notional basis for the purpose of MACP Scheme
I am directed to refer to letters F. No. GCCO/CCA/Misc/ 6/2020-Admn-O/o CC-CGST-Zone- Jaipur dated 22.02.2021 and F. No. GCCO/CCA/Misc/ 94/2020-CCA- O/o CC-CGST-Zone- Lucknow dated 08.02.2021 received from Jaipur and Lucknow Zone respectively on the subject cited above.
2. In this context, it is informed that the issue was referred to DOP&T for clarification. DOP&T vide I.D. No. 1448864/ 21/CR Dated 29.06.2021 has clarified that “for the purpose of MACP Scheme, service rendered on assumption of charge of the post on regular basis alone will be counted for determining eligibility for next financial upgradation as the MACP Scheme provides that financial upgradation will be admissible to an employee only on spending 10 years after actual joining in the post. Therefore, the period of notional promotion till assumption of charge of the post on promotion shall not count for determining eligibility for a financial upgradation under MACP Scheme”.
3. This is for your information and further necessary action.
(Avneesh Pratap Singh)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Tel. No. 011-23095528
Related to Your Search:
- 3rd MACP clarification – regarding Grant of 3rd financial upgradation under MACP Scheme counting from the date of ad-hoc promotion
- MACP Clarification on direct recruitment for the post of GP 4600, GP 4200 and GP 2800
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees — Clarification regarding
- MACP Scheme in 7th CPC – Enhancement of benchmark from “Good” to “Very Good” : CAG Circular
- Latest clarification on MACP scheme – Financial upgradation, to Junior Cashier promoted from the post of Senior Shroff / JAA / Senior clerk
- Granting of Financial Upgradation under MACP Scheme – Clarification reg.
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme-Clarification for Railway Employees
- 7th CPC MACP Scheme Junior Cashier promoted from the post of Senior Shroff
- Benchmark for financial upgradation under MACP clarification