KVS Orders – Yoga teaching in Kendriya Vidyalayas…
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
18th INSTITUTIONAL AREA, SHAHEED SINGH MARG, NEW DELHI -110016
The Deputy Commissioner,
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
All Regional Offices.
Sub: – Yoga teaching in KVs.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has decided to encourage yoga education in all its schools. The National Curriculum Framework (NCF) 2005 has set broad guidelines for physical education and elucidated the importance of including yoga as a compulsory subject. Yoga education contributes to not merely the physical development of the child but have a positive impact on psychosocial and menial development as well. Yoga is to be taught from class VI onwards in all the Kendriya Vidyalayas.
The Regional Offices are directed to appoint yoga teachers on contractual basis in all the Kendriya Vidyalayas (if any regular yoga teacher is not posted in that school) irrespective of number of sections in the vidyalaya. The remuneration of the yoga teachers appointed on contractual basis shall be similar to the payment made to contractual coaches for the sports.The Syllabus to be followed in different classes for the yoga education is enclosed at Annexure-I.
End.: As above.
(Dr. Shachi Kant)
Joint Commissioner (Trg..)
Related to Your Search:
- Kendriya Vidyalayas: Remuneration to German language enhanced (Foreign Language Contractual Teachers engaged in Kendriya Vidyalayas)
- KVS Orders – Examination of membership for the proposed association “Kendriya Vidyalaya Democratic Teacher’s Association” (KVDTA) + reg.
- KVS Orders 2013 : Appointment of Teachers on Contractual Basis in KV Schools reg.
- Retirement Age of KV Employees – Discontinuation of 2 Years Extension in Service
- Number of Kendriya Vidyalaya in the Country and Total Staff Strength
- Teaching of Foreign Languages in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- KVS – KV School Admission Schedule for 2020-2021
- Extension of last date of Special Dispensation Admission under MP Quota
- Extension of last date of Special Dispensation Admission under MP Quota upto 30th September, 2012