Preference to Casual Labourers in selection to GDS posts – Department of Posts Instructions
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg.
New Delhi-110 001
Subject : Implementation of recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee on giving preference to Casual Labourers in selection to GDS posts-reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to para 14.26 of GDS Committee on giving preference to Casual Labourers in selection to GDS posts. The Committee observed that, the scheme of employing casual labourers is not in vogue from 01.09.1993 onwards and those eligible among those who were selected before 01.09.1993 would have been selected to eligible posts by now. Department has earmarked 25% of vacancies for them for recruitment as Multi Tasking Staff in Post/Mail Offices as per Recruitment Ru1es. The committee is of the view that there is no need to notify GDS vacancies to Casual Labourers as of now. Such a provision will indirectly pave the way for backdoor entry of ineligible candidates to GDS service. Department may examine this aspect.
2. The matter has been examined and following orders are issued:-
(i) As per the scheme for Casual Labourers (Grant of Temporary Status and Regularisation, temporary status is granted to those Casual Labourers who were in employment as on 10.09.1993, subject to fulfillment of certain conditions. Such Casuai Labourers who complete 3 years of service are to be treated at par with temporary MTS employees and are entitled to various benefits viz. leave, holidays, CGEGIS, GPF, Medical aid, LTC etc. and counting of temporary service after regularization for retirement benefits. Further, engagement of Casual Labourers is not permissible after the cutoff date.
(ii) There is already provision in the Recruitment Rules of MTS 2018 issued vide Directorate letter no.37-33/2009-SPB-I dated 27th August 2018 giving preference to Casual Labourers for regularization in service on seniority basis. Department has earmarke d. 25% of vacancies for Casual Labourer. If Casual Labourers are engaged as GDS, there may be a scenario wherein a Casual Labourer, who was about to get regularized as per the Recruitment Rules 2018 of Multi Tasking Staff, may not be considered for regularization as MTS.
(iii) In view of the above, it has been decided by the Competent Authority that, GDS vacancies should not be notified for Casual Labourers from the date of issue of this OM.
3. The above instructions will come into effect from the date of issue of this O.M
4. Hindi version will follow
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Related to Your Search:
- MEMORANDUM ON THE GRIEVANCES OF CASUAL LABOURERS WORKING IN THE DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
- Revision of minimum wage payable to Temporary status Casual Labourers
- Casual Labourers with temporary Status in Deptt of Post, Clarification regarding GPF and Old Pension Scheme
- Leave Entitlement of Casual Labourers with temporary status
- Regularization of Casual Labour with Temporary Status(CL-TS)-Proposals from Ministries/Departments
- Grant of 7th CPC pay scale to Temporary Status Casual labourers
- Minimum pay for Calculation of pay of casual labourers (without temporary status)
- Regarding allotment of GPF Account Numbers to Casual Labourers with temporary status
- Casual Labourers with temporary status-clarification regarding contribution to GPF and Pension under the old pension scheme