IT Returns early to avoid the last minute rush of filing – Income Tax Department urges
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
01-July-2015 17:43 IST
Electronic Filing of Income Tax Returns for 2015-16 Commences; ITR 1-Sahaj, 2 and 2A can be Used by Individuals or HUF Whose Income Does not Include Income from Business;
ITR 4S – SUGAM can be Used by an Individual or an HUF Whose Income Includes Business Income Assessable on Presumptive Basis; Taxpayers Requested to E-File Their Returns Early to Avoid the Rush Closer to the Last Date of Filing.
The Income Tax Department has released the software for preparing the Income Tax Return forms 1- SAHAJ, 2, 2A and 4S- SUGAM for AY 2015-16. The e-filing of these return forms has been enabled on the e-filing website-https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
ITR 1-SAHAJ, 2 and 2A can be used by individual or HUF whose income does not include income from business. ITR 4S – SUGAM can be used by an individual or HUF whose income includes business income assessable on presumptive basis. The elaborate details of the persons who can use these forms are available in the instructions for filling the forms.
The facility for pre-filling of information for these return forms is available in the software for preparing the return forms. When the taxpayer exercises this option and just fills in his PAN, then personal information and information on taxes paid and TDS will be auto-filled in the form. Taxpayers are requested to use the return preparation software available free of cost under the ‘Downloads’ section on the home page of the Income Tax Department’s e-filing website-https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. The use of Departmental software will ensure preparation of error-free returns thereby avoiding any need for future rectification due to data validation mistakes.
Taxpayers are requested to e-file their returns early to avoid the rush closer to the last date of filing.
Related to Your Search:
- Extension of date for filing of Income Tax Returns extended for five days up to 5th August, 2017
- Income Tax Return Forms ITR 1, 2 and 4S Simplified for Convenience of the Taxpayers
- Income Tax: E-filing of newly notified ITRs to begin soon
- Extension of Due Date for filing of Income Tax Returns
- Income Tax Offices to remain open on Saturday,5th August, 2017 for filing of income tax returns
- New procedures/forms for filling Income Tax returns
- Release of E-filing of Income Tax Returns (ITR) and other forms
- IT Department Urges Taxpayers to Pay all Self- Assessment Tax Dues by 31ST March
- CBDT notifies Income Tax Return Forms for Assessment Year 2018-19