Issuing of Aadhaar cards through post offices and banks
900 . Shri Dharmapuri Srinivas
Will the Minister of ELECTRONICS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY be pleased to state:
(a) whether it is a fact that the Government is contemplating on handing over the work of issuing of Aadhaar Cards to Post Offices and Banks in the country; and
(b) if so, the details thereof
(a) and (b): Department of Post, as Registrar of UIDAI, has been mandated to set up Aadhaar enrolment and update facility in designated post offices throughout the country. In addition, banks have also been mandated under Regulation 12A of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2017 (No. 2 of 2017) and the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) (Third Amendment) (No. 3 of 2017) to set up Aadhaar enrolment and update facility in a minimum one out of every ten bank branches.
Related to Your Search:
- JS LEVEL VACANCY UP TO April, 2016
- Special Aadhaar Enrolment drive for Pensioners, from May 30 to June 10, 2016
- Leveraging Aadhaar for improving the services of EPFO – regarding.
- Income Tax department launches new facility to link Aadhaar with PAN
- Aadhaar Data is Never Breached or Leaked: UIDAI
- Government to help pensioners for getting digital life certificates
- Central Government notifies Exemption from Quoting Aadhaar / Enrolment ID to certain individuals
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) included under Section 7 of the Aadhaar Act 2016
- Aadhaar based authentication of Life Certificate for pensioners