Issues arisen consequent upon 7th CPC recommendations and Government decisions
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
No. IV/NFIR/7 CPC (Imp)/2016/MoF
The General Secretaries of
Affiliated Unions of NFIR
Sub: Issues arisen consequent upon 7th CPC recommendations and Government decisions -reg.
The affiliates are aware that the Indefinite Strike action from 11/07/2016 on Charter of demands mainly “minimum wage and multiplying factor” was deferred on official commitment given by the Government through Finance Ministry’s statement on 6th July, 2016 for constituting High Level Committee to examine the issues.
A committee under the Chairmanship of Additional Secretary (Expenditure) with Joint Secretary (Pers), Joint Secretary (Estt), Joint Secretary (Imp) as its members will deal the issues raised through a memorandum of JCM (Staff Side), submitted to the Empowered Committee, among them the major issues are “upward revision of Minimum wage as well Multiplying Factor”.
The 1st introductory meeting chaired by Addl. Secretary (Exp) was held on 30th August, 2016 at North Block, New Delhi attended by myself, S/Shri Shiva Gopal Mishra & M.S. Raja. In the preamble, we tried to impress upon the Addl. Secretary (Exp) the need for revision of minimum wage and Multiplying factor formula on the basis of facts and merits already presented by JCM (Staff Side). After brief discussion, it was agreed that another meeting of the Committee will be fixed to be held in consultation with the JCM (Staff Side).
We also met Cabinet Secretary, Government of India thereafter and conveyed our disappointment over the delay in sorting out important issues. The Cabinet Secretary has stated that orders have since been issued by the Government for payment of Gratuity to the employees governed by the NPS. He said that the Government has also issued orders revising the salary calculation limit to Rs. 7000/- for payment of Bonus/PLB w.e.f. 2014. The Cabinet Secretary has also assured to positively consider remaining pending issues.
The affiliates may please note that a meeting between the Standing Committee of JCM (Staff Side) and the Committee Chaired by Finance Secretary (Expenditure) will take place on 1st September, 2016 at North Block, New Delhi. In the said meeting the issues pertaining to the negative recommendations of 7th CPC on allowances and advances will be dealt.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Source : NFIR
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Minimum Wage and Multiplying Factor, Find a way out for resolving both the issues : Official Side
- Government’s assurance on 7th CPC issues mainly relating to Minimum Wage & Multiplying Factor
- Brief of the meeting held today between the Government of India and the National Council JCM Staff Side
- Implementation of 7th CPC and Enhancement of Minimum Wage/Multiplying Factor – NJCA
- Brief of the meeting held today with Addl. Secretary (Exp.), Deptt. of Exp., MoF(Govt. of India) to discuss the recommendations of the 7th CPC
- Resolve the 7th CPC related issues: Charter of demands – Deferment of Strike Action on Government’s assurance
- Meeting of the Committee to examine the recommendations of 7th CPC regarding Allowances
- Issues discussed in the Standing Committee Meeting of NC/JCM held at Room No. 119, North Block, New Delhi on 3rd May 2017
- NC JCM insists to setting up High Level Committee to review Minimum Wage and Fitment Multiplication Factor